[IC - SCENE 2] The Tea Room

September, 1915. On the western front, battle rages less than 100 km from Paris. Paris, the beautiful. Paris, the proud. Paris, a city on her knees. The government has fled the capital, seeking a safe haven in Bourdeaux. General Joseph Gallieni is now military governor of the city, and he faces a terrible task. There is not enough food for everyone. The city is dark at night, for fear of bombardments. Explosives and ammunitions are manufactured inside the city, sometimes resulting in terrible incidents that costs tens of lives. And this is just on the surface. Dark tales tell of monstrous, yet horribly human-like creatures, prowling through the battlefields and the graveyards, eating human flesh. Even darker tales revolve around a mysterious and incredibly powerful tome of ancient, dark magic; a tome that could destroy the balance of power between the Germans and the Franco-British coalition.
And yet, even among all this despair, human nature finds his hope. Hundreds of people arrive in the city every day: soldiers, journalists, thrill-seekers. Each one injects fresh energy into the agonizing city. Entertainment is the only thing that is not rationed - music halls, theaters and the Moulin Rouge are shining beacons of light, metaphorically if not physically. New forms of art cry out as newborn children.

Semptermber, 1915. Paris, the city of tears. A mysterious murder sets in motion a chain of events that, unknowingly to the rest of the world, will decide the outcome of the war. Millions of lives are at stake. There will be no glory for the unsung heroes, no recognition for the martyrs. A terrible power awaits those willing to use it - or seal it. What will you do? How far are you willing to go for your friends, your loved ones, your country?

Moderator: Overlord87

Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Re: [IC - SCENE 2] The Tea Room

Post by Cearlan »

Andre Saint-Pasquet
[Spoiler-Button][dice]0[/dice]
Stability - edit - Oh dear![/Spoiler-Button]
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Spoiler:
OOC:   Andre loses three more Stability points :twisted:  
krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by krzyspmac »

Jean-Luc tosses the tea aside and grabs Andre's hand - "Are you all right my friend?" and looking at the waiter he says "Mon dieu, what is in that tea monsieur?"
Just a cultist.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Andre Saint-Pasquet
Andre feels something on his hand and jerks it back - a look of sheer terror on his face as he stares wide eyed at ... at ... at what he considered a friend. He begins to wipe his hands on the tablecloth, his jacket, anything he can get his hands on as he backs away from the table on shaky legs. "Gnnn ... Gnnnnnn!" he intones without making any sense.
OOC:   (Spoiler for Overlord)  
Spoiler:
As Andre lifts his head up to see his friend he is confronted by the one sight he did not want to see most of all at this time - his face crawling with those infernal worms. The foul creature grabs his hand leaving a sticky,slimy goo on his flesh - and although it is not harming him, yet, the feeling of the loathsome ichor on his skin is repugnant. Does he remain silent or draw attention to himself by crying out? The one thing he knows is that he has to get away from here - NOW!!!
Andre eyes the door over Jean-Luc's shoulder and attempts to make a run for it, though his lame left leg hinders his movement in the restricted space of the cafe.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

The waiter remains dumbstruck for a second, then tries to run after Andre. "Monsieur! Monsieur! Calm down, it's nothing!"
Spoiler:
It's an Athletics or Fleeing roll to escspe the tea room. Andre gets a -1 to this roll, due to his leg. You can obviously spend points from Fleeing or Athletics to boost the roll, though.

The waiter will give chase. It will be a contested roll between the waiter and Andre.

Jean-Luc can choose to act as he sees more fit. Should he decide to run after someone, it's an Athletics roll.
krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by krzyspmac »

While shocked Jean-Luc decides to go after André.
Just a cultist.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Can we assume those outside probably notice some kind of kerfuffle at the doorway to the tea shop?  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   The one keeping an eye on the front door will notice the commotion.

The one in the back clearly does not notice anything.  
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]
Contested roll
As Andre stands up and lurches forward his right leg catches the table and sends it flying and he tumbles to the ground. All but crawling to the door he tries to regain his footing unsuccessfully. The noise from the two creatures in this box with him is deafening, he covers his ears with his hands which causes another fall into the table nearest the door.

"Arrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!" He decides that screaming is the only course of action, both in frustration and terror as he falls against the outer door.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Both the waiter and Jean-Luc manage to catch up to Andre before he can leave the tea-room. They grab him and try to immobilize him, all the while trying to calm him down. "Monsieur! Are you all right? Please calm down!"
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Spoiler for Overlord
Spoiler:
Two of the work encrusted beings now head towards me trying to engulf me in their clutches
Andre lets rip with a full-throated scream as the two horrors embrace him preventing his movement ... his escape. Their plans for him remained obscure - were they going to lay their larvae or eggs within his flesh as some insects were prone to do, or simply devour him outright. Whatever their foul desires, he knew that he wanted no part in it! Taking a deep breath, albeit one tainted by corruption eminating from the beasts before him, he managed to yell out "Let me go, you fiends!!! Get your filthy appendages off me and keep back!"

Andre though that he had slipped into delerium, for surely such things could not exist in all reality
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by krzyspmac »

"Filthy?" Jean-Luc thinks to himself. "André! André! Snap out of it!" he tries to shout. "We need something to calm him down" he says to the waiter struggling with André.
Just a cultist.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

The waiter looks at Jean-Luc with panic in his eyes. "I don't know what to do! I have never seen anything like this before!"
Cearlan,This temporary madness will fade and leave you weakened, but back in control, in a couple of minutes.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Andre Saint-Pasquet
Andre starts to regain his composure, though he cannot stop his hands from shaking and his eyes darting from side to side. Sweat stands freely on his brow and his breath comes in ragged gulps. Lowering his head slightly he takes a deep breath and looks at the waiter before exclaiming in a strained voice, "Monsieur, I know not what was in the concoction that you served but I would thank you not to ply me with more."

Looking sideways towards his friend Andre adds "And as for you my friend Jean-Luc, I think it is about time we left ..." suddenly remembering the reason for their visit he blushes slightly as he continues "... rest assured that our good friend Monsieur DuPont will be appraised of the events here."

Andre grips Jean-Luc's arm and nods towards the door.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"Monsieur, please, I'm terribly sorry. The Sapna can sometimes have strange effects on some people, the clever and creative ones. It's considered a good omen. It's a good thing... it's a good thing. People come here for the Sapna. Nothing like this ever happened. I'm so sorry. We will never serve it again. My deepest apologies", the waiter bows deeply.
krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by krzyspmac »

Jean-Luc, holding Andre's arm, tries to get out as fast as possible, taking no notice of the waiter's apologies.
Just a cultist.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Jean-Luc and Andre exit from the front door, the waiter still apologizing. Francois sees them and immediately notices that Andre looks unsteady on his feet.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Andre Saint-Pasquet
Andre and Jean-Luc exit the cafe with the waiter fussing about them until they are off the premises. Andre staggers to the edge of the pavement and hunkers down with one hand on the pavement as he voids his stomach ... most violently ... into the gutter. He starts to tremble with the shock of the entire situation. He can still see worms crawling around the periphery of his vision as his eyes dart from side to side.

"Jean-Luc, my friend, I humbly apologise. That tea ... although pleasant enough had a terrible effect upon me. Tell me what you saw."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by krzyspmac »

"My friend, I've never seen anything like it I can tell you that. Normally I would assume that you've been poisoned but that resembled something of a fever of the most violent kind!"
Just a cultist.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by ghill »

Unsure what is happening, or whether his new friends are threatened François stays where he is and continues to observe drinking his coffee while resting one hand upon the butt of his pistol.

[ic-think]"If they are threatened they know where we are best not to reveal myself to anyone else."[/ic-think] he thinks
Last edited by ghill on Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Paris: City of Tears”