OOC Chat

September, 1915. On the western front, battle rages less than 100 km from Paris. Paris, the beautiful. Paris, the proud. Paris, a city on her knees. The government has fled the capital, seeking a safe haven in Bourdeaux. General Joseph Gallieni is now military governor of the city, and he faces a terrible task. There is not enough food for everyone. The city is dark at night, for fear of bombardments. Explosives and ammunitions are manufactured inside the city, sometimes resulting in terrible incidents that costs tens of lives. And this is just on the surface. Dark tales tell of monstrous, yet horribly human-like creatures, prowling through the battlefields and the graveyards, eating human flesh. Even darker tales revolve around a mysterious and incredibly powerful tome of ancient, dark magic; a tome that could destroy the balance of power between the Germans and the Franco-British coalition.
And yet, even among all this despair, human nature finds his hope. Hundreds of people arrive in the city every day: soldiers, journalists, thrill-seekers. Each one injects fresh energy into the agonizing city. Entertainment is the only thing that is not rationed - music halls, theaters and the Moulin Rouge are shining beacons of light, metaphorically if not physically. New forms of art cry out as newborn children.

Semptermber, 1915. Paris, the city of tears. A mysterious murder sets in motion a chain of events that, unknowingly to the rest of the world, will decide the outcome of the war. Millions of lives are at stake. There will be no glory for the unsung heroes, no recognition for the martyrs. A terrible power awaits those willing to use it - or seal it. What will you do? How far are you willing to go for your friends, your loved ones, your country?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

OOC Chat

Post by Overlord87 »

Whooops, i forgot to open an OOC thread. Done it now :) There's maybe one more player joining in, waiting to see if he posts again. In case, I'll have him join the party as a late guest ;)
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Overlord87 »

Put all the investigators together in a single topic, will also update the topic as you make spends, lose health, go horribly crazy, the usual sort of stuff :D

I'll bring the party scene to a closing soon, I think we're ready to move past the prologue ;)
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

easiest way to do dice is

"[dice]"1d6"[/dice]" naturally you remove the quotes and change the die depending on your prefernce

[dice]0[/dice]

[dice]1[/dice]
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Quick Question about Stability/Sanity.

With regards the discovery of the body. I actually rolled my die before I realised I could add stability to make it more likely I'd pass. I'm not worried about losing SAN, but when do we get to recharge stability? Is it a matter of having to see Sources of stability? When you say? or Scene/Story end?
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

This is not expected to be a very long game, so expect to recover Stability mostly due to enforced drivers. I will probably give you one chance along the way to recover Stability by spending time with a Stability Source, but I'm not 100% sure yet - I'll have to see how things work out.
krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 3 months

Post by krzyspmac »

As for point-loss: do we keep it in our character-posts (as in editing them)?
Just a cultist.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

It probably wouldn't have been worth spending Stability points to improve the roll when the loss is only 3. You'd have to spend 3 Stability just to guarantee success. Spending less than that means there's a chance to lose even more.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

krzyspmac wrote:As for point-loss: do we keep it in our character-posts (as in editing them)?
I've made a post called The Investigators and I'll keep it updated throughout the game ;)
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Cearlan and Krzspymac, are you still with us?
krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 3 months

Post by krzyspmac »

Sorry, I'm here. Got caught in work for the last three weeks but it's all clearing up :-)
Just a cultist.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Yep I'm here
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Well, try to participate more ;)

Andrè has found occult books with notes on them in the library. He can't understand them, but perhaps someone else can ;)
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

I've collected all the clues found so far on a single post, so you can reason on them more easily ;)
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

That was great Cearlan. Loved it :D
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Overlord87 wrote:That was great Cearlan. Loved it :D
Thank you kind sir!
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

For my next action in the tea room, would you prefer it if I were to stick to spoilers or just "blurt it out" as it were as I'm thinking that may be what Andre might do in these circumstances - especially following the loss of stabilities I have endured?
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Cearlan wrote:For my next action in the tea room, would you prefer it if I were to stick to spoilers or just "blurt it out" as it were as I'm thinking that may be what Andre might do in these circumstances - especially following the loss of stabilities I have endured?
Do as you think it's best for your character ;)
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Sorry I've been away for a couple of days - had a death in the family that needed my attention. In fairness I haven't been able to think about this at the moment, but will pick it up over the weekend if that's alright with everyone. :oops:
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Cearlan wrote:Sorry I've been away for a couple of days - had a death in the family that needed my attention. In fairness I haven't been able to think about this at the moment, but will pick it up over the weekend if that's alright with everyone. :oops:
My condolences. Don't worry about the game, it can wait.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Likewise my condolences mate.

Return to “Paris: City of Tears”