[IC - Scene 1] The Party

September, 1915. On the western front, battle rages less than 100 km from Paris. Paris, the beautiful. Paris, the proud. Paris, a city on her knees. The government has fled the capital, seeking a safe haven in Bourdeaux. General Joseph Gallieni is now military governor of the city, and he faces a terrible task. There is not enough food for everyone. The city is dark at night, for fear of bombardments. Explosives and ammunitions are manufactured inside the city, sometimes resulting in terrible incidents that costs tens of lives. And this is just on the surface. Dark tales tell of monstrous, yet horribly human-like creatures, prowling through the battlefields and the graveyards, eating human flesh. Even darker tales revolve around a mysterious and incredibly powerful tome of ancient, dark magic; a tome that could destroy the balance of power between the Germans and the Franco-British coalition.
And yet, even among all this despair, human nature finds his hope. Hundreds of people arrive in the city every day: soldiers, journalists, thrill-seekers. Each one injects fresh energy into the agonizing city. Entertainment is the only thing that is not rationed - music halls, theaters and the Moulin Rouge are shining beacons of light, metaphorically if not physically. New forms of art cry out as newborn children.

Semptermber, 1915. Paris, the city of tears. A mysterious murder sets in motion a chain of events that, unknowingly to the rest of the world, will decide the outcome of the war. Millions of lives are at stake. There will be no glory for the unsung heroes, no recognition for the martyrs. A terrible power awaits those willing to use it - or seal it. What will you do? How far are you willing to go for your friends, your loved ones, your country?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: [IC - Scene 1] The Party

Post by Overlord87 »

The tea room is on a little side street, one that doesn't look likely to see much traffic in the day. This is a peculiar choice for a shop like this, suggesting that this place mostly sees regular clients that already know it. You are now in the second arrondissement, not one kilometer north of the Louvre, still a very central area of the city. While the true wealthy live a little more to the south, this is still an area for the higher middle class - lawyers, doctors and the like.
Spoiler:
OOC:   It is very likely that some of you might live in this arrondissement. If so, you didn't know this tea room up until now.  
The area is calm and quiet. These are people that respects the order and don't go looking for troubles. Except for the younger ones, the sons of these rich families - they might be further north, in the XVIII and IX arrondissement, where most of the night life takes place, even in wartime; or south, in the cafè of the Latin quartier. But they won't be home until dawn. For now, silence embraces the streets.
Francois,There are no pony-like traces to be found in the area.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

François shakes his head with a chuckle somewhat surprised at his own willingness to look for the strange sign he'd seen in the garden.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think we've done all we can tonight," says Jacques. "We should return to our respective homes and get what sleep we can, for we'll need to be rested tomorrow. Where and when shall we meet?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Andre Saint-Pasquet
"I have to agree Jacques, I would suggest that we meet back here first thing non? Then perhaps we could visit your friend Monsieur Helmut."
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Let us agree where we are to meet tomorrow and how we will approach this matter. I suggest we meet at the coffee house just up the street so we are unobserved. We should make sure we have a view of both the front and back of the place, or any escape routes, ideally from a natural vantage point where our presence will not be considered untoward, we don't want to spook our prey. Also if the boche are behind this we may want to bring weapons. says François
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

There's a back exit on Rue de la Sourdiere, another small street that runs parallel to Avenue de Saint James, where the main entrance is. You find another cafè along Rue de la Sordiere, about thirty meters away from the tea room's back exit, where one (or more) of you could sit and keep an eye on the place.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, I agree," says Jacques. "I'll definitely bring my pistol, which is easy to conceal. My saber is not, but I could get away with it if I go in uniform. Soldiers in uniform are a common enough sight in Paris these days, though my rank may draw some unwanted attention. I can also bring a set of brass knuckles. It's been some time since I last engaged in fisticuffs, but I haven't forgotten how."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 3 months

Post by krzyspmac »

"I'm afraid I have to little to bring into the fight other than a whistle" says Jean-Luc, and immediately regrets opening his mouth.
Just a cultist.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

You have as sharp a pair of eyes as any other, Monsier and it is our intellect is which sets up apart from the animals, bring your eyes and intellect tomorrow and you will come well equipped remarks François absently now keen for a nightcap and bed. Let us meet at the cafe tomorrow around mid morning and decide who will wait and watch where. But for now I need sleep, so I will be fresh tomorrow.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Andre Saint-Pasquet
Andre coughs whilst looking down at the ground. "When on an archaeological dig it is recommended that you carry a handgun at the very least ... and as a result I have a handgun which I shall endevour to bring tomorrow when we meet up once more."
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

You agree to meet again the next morning, rested and armed (those of you that possess a weapon).

Continues here: The Tea Room

Return to “Paris: City of Tears”