Investigator's Creation Topic

September, 1915. On the western front, battle rages less than 100 km from Paris. Paris, the beautiful. Paris, the proud. Paris, a city on her knees. The government has fled the capital, seeking a safe haven in Bourdeaux. General Joseph Gallieni is now military governor of the city, and he faces a terrible task. There is not enough food for everyone. The city is dark at night, for fear of bombardments. Explosives and ammunitions are manufactured inside the city, sometimes resulting in terrible incidents that costs tens of lives. And this is just on the surface. Dark tales tell of monstrous, yet horribly human-like creatures, prowling through the battlefields and the graveyards, eating human flesh. Even darker tales revolve around a mysterious and incredibly powerful tome of ancient, dark magic; a tome that could destroy the balance of power between the Germans and the Franco-British coalition.
And yet, even among all this despair, human nature finds his hope. Hundreds of people arrive in the city every day: soldiers, journalists, thrill-seekers. Each one injects fresh energy into the agonizing city. Entertainment is the only thing that is not rationed - music halls, theaters and the Moulin Rouge are shining beacons of light, metaphorically if not physically. New forms of art cry out as newborn children.

Semptermber, 1915. Paris, the city of tears. A mysterious murder sets in motion a chain of events that, unknowingly to the rest of the world, will decide the outcome of the war. Millions of lives are at stake. There will be no glory for the unsung heroes, no recognition for the martyrs. A terrible power awaits those willing to use it - or seal it. What will you do? How far are you willing to go for your friends, your loved ones, your country?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: Investigator's Creation Topic

Post by Overlord87 »

Update: Pickman37 had to pull out due to RL reasons. I have sent a PM to Quatermass to ask if he's still in. Otherwise we'll start with 3 players and I'll give each of you a few more build points to balance things out.
krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 3 months

Post by krzyspmac »

Just saying I'm almost done with my character. Will be ready to go by the time we start.
Just a cultist.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

So far no answer from Quatermass. I will start the game in the upcoming days. I'll send you a PM with some information for your character, then post the first IC thread by the end of the week.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I added in my extra points. I took Bargain 1, Locksmith 1, Oral History 1, and Explosives 5.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Added my extra points in Evidence Collection - 3; Stability - 1; Sanity - 1; Shadowing - 1; and Weapons -2: as well as a bit of a background involving Dupont and Faure

Norman
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by krzyspmac »

Added my points to GA: Health rating, Fire arms , Stealth , Preparedness, First Aid, and IA: Geology and History (a professor needs a hobby), Occult (man of science want to know what is so alluring for all those wierdos out there :)
Just a cultist.
krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by krzyspmac »

BTW did we loose some posts? I could swear I got a notification that something was waiting for me here :)
Just a cultist.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

krzyspmac wrote:BTW did we loose some posts? I could swear I got a notification that something was waiting for me here :)
Mmmhh I don't think anyone posted anything in the last 12 hourse or so, unless someone posted and then deleted, but I don't think so :?:
krzyspmac
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by krzyspmac »

I must be going crazy then. It's starting earlier than expected :)
Just a cultist.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

François Du Monte

François en vacance in Italy 1912

François is not your typical professor. Never a bookish child Francois always preferred the life outdoors he excelled at sports both on the track and the field as well as in ring where he boxed for school and later college. From late summer to early febuary he can be found walking the countryside with the local Chasses in Normandy & Sologne, all within a couple of hours from Paris. He also rides with the "Chasse à Courre" when time allows. Having devoted his life to sport only his natural ability with languages and his fathers contacts saved him from a life in the military or the church. Despite this, his constant absence 'due to illness', which always seem to coincide with the start of hunting season will probably result in his losing his job at some point.

(Bad) Professor of Languages.

Drive: Adventure

Pillars of sanity
If you never lose then you can never appreciate the victories.
A true man of character knows his limitations – but doesn't accept them

Sources of stability
- Pierre Du Mar, Head of the Chasse du Sul, Pierre is drawn to the outdoors in the quiet of the forests he finds peace from the turmoil of modern life he finds walks in the woods with Pierre allows him to restore a sense of balance.
- Michael Ormoulin, his boxing coach a no nonsense old man, who provides an ear whenever Francois beats the heavy bag.

Abilities

Interpersonal
Asses honesty - 1
Bureaucracy - 1
Credit Rating - 5

Academic
Biology - 3
Languages - 4 (Latin, Greek, German, English)
Library Use - 2
Geology - 2
History - 2
Theology - 1

Technical
Accounting 1

General Abilities
Athletics 6
Conceal 2
Disguise 0
Driving 1
Electrical Repair 0
Explosives 0
Filch 1
Firearms 5
First Aid 4
Fleeing 4
Health 10
Hypnosis 0
Magic -
Mechanical Repair 0
Piloting 0
Preparedness 2
Psychoanalysis 1
Riding 1
Sanity 6
Scuffling 7
Sense Trouble 2
Shadowing 2
Stability 6
Stealth 4
Weapons 0

http://blackbook.pelgranepress.com/edit ... erid=21411
Last edited by ghill on Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

The investigator looks fine, Ghill. I'd suggest you to cut one point from Languages and one point from Library Use. Remember that your character knows one language for each point in Languages, so choose them.

Specify how your character knows Julien Faure (look in the NPC thread), then you're ready to join the party in the IC thread ;)

Return to “Paris: City of Tears”