thanks
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Re: Also looking to play

Post by Raiko »

Hi, Welcome to the forums. :)

My own games are full up, so unfortunately I can't offer you a place for the foreseeable future, but there are several games currently recruiting in the Existing Games Looking For Players and ... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game forums, I'd recommend browsing there rather than waiting for a Keeper to contact you.

Welsh and Laraqua always seem to be recruiting fresh meat new players for their excellent Lure and Ash games; and there are several other games either waiting to start, or in their very early days if you don't fancy catching up with a long term game.
Riotopsys
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by Riotopsys »

Funny, as this is a players looking for game board that is unwelcoming to players looking for games.

Perhaps I am too vague in my request. I am disinterested in picking up in a meat grinder, and would rather start at the beginning.

Furthermore I have no interest in begging for a position in a new game that may or may not happen.

Therefore my only recourse is to post my interest here and patiently await for a response and occasionally bump.

if there is no interest in thees types of posts I suggest removing this whole topic.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Raiko »

:shock: I apologise if I offended you, I certainly didn't intend to be unwelcoming, look:
Raiko wrote: Hi, Welcome to the forums. :)

Seriously though even if you ignore the Existing Games... forum, take a look in the Thinking of Running a Game one. There are 3 games recruiting right now in three separate eras (Gaslight, WWII & Modern) and I can assure you that all three of these games will almost certainly start, and no begging is required. ;)

There is a point to this forum, I've recruited players from here myself.

Maybe I should have said to check those forums as well as posting here. I stand corrected (and I'll edit that announcement post I made as well):)

BTW: Although you said you don't want to join an existing game, I'd still recommend taking a look at Laraqua's recruiting thread for Ash, she starting some new areas in the game, with fresh players and no prior knowledge of the game would be required.

So to all intents and purposes it would be a new game as far as you were concerned, but with the advantage that you already know that it will have longevity (a big thing for play-by-post). And as her thread says "always open" you know that there is no begging required again. :D

If you'd still rather wait for invitations, then fair enough you'll certainly get them before too long.

I hope you haven't been put off, this really is a very welcoming and friendly community. In my opinion anyway.
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by welsh »

To be fair, I have never known Raiko to be rude to anyone. Quite the contrary.

Anyway- I am looking although my campaign has been running for over a year and a half- we've only covered 1 day of game time and the plot is still unfolding.

This would require that you read a bit, but I can usually give you a quick summary.

Giles- a british vet and egyptologist
Rahim- an expedition outfitter looking for a possibily murdered friend and uncovering the secrets of a doomed expedition and its survivors.
Harry- an american conman who is looking for a friend in Cairo, currently at a bar with a lovely French girl.
Reginald- a local gangster being hunted by a killer gang.
There are a few others-

Natalie- the french girl mentioned above
Luke or Will- British soldiers who have just escaped near death from a many tentacled monster and will find that experience hard to live with.

Also, we can allow in new players and new characters.

The plot is unfolding, but you are more than welcome.
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Well I'm starting a game that only has 3 spots left. 1 Viking and 2 Eskimos. You in then man? Your confrontational attititude (Ha Ha) would fit in nicely into a Dark Ages game! Just kidding btw. Would love to have a few newbies in the mix.

Return to “Players Looking For Games”