I wanna play too!

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 3 months

I wanna play too!

Post by Umbral Dragon »

I know it's been slow and there's existing games that are full. I would like to join a new game as a player. I don't have time to run a game atm. If there's a mad god out there, then hopefully there a game for me here. :ugeek:
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: I wanna play too!

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Umbral Dragon! If you ever want to continue running Genius Loci, I'd be up for continuing, though most of the players have since disappeared. You'd be welcome to join either of my games, though they're already in progress. Still, you wouldn't need to do too much catching up to play.

I'm running Zombie Apocalypse, which is a modern non-Mythos game using the CoC rules. It's still early in Chapter 2, so you could easily play characters that were just added at the start of the chapter. The game is currently stalled due to lack of time on my part, but I hope to get it moving again. There's also The Masque of Nyarlathotep, which takes place in southern France in 1517. It's early in Episode 2, but Episode 1 isn't too long to read, and you'd only need to read the parts where your character has been present. I could really use players to take over abandoned characters, especially the Time Lord and one of the companions. It's the sixth adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first five adventures to play. You're free to read the previous adventures, of course.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Umbral Dragon »

Well, what would you recommend? Judging by your schedule and focus, which would you be more likely to continue?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'd recommend The Masque of Nyarlathotep, as that game has been running more or less continually since I started it, and it doesn't take me anywhere near as much time to update (I just did it earlier tonight). It's moving at a pretty good clip. I also really need someone playing Story, who regenerated at the end of the previous adventure and was taken over by a new player, who has since vanished. Story has partial amnesia as a result of post-regeneration trauma, so you wouldn't need to know anything about the first five adventures. I also need someone to play Brook, but for her you would want to read her past adventures. Also, her new player who withdrew has returned to the site but has not picked her back up yet. Both characters will require commitment from a player to stick with it, at least until the end of the adventure. There's also Jean Luc de Monet, who is from 1517 and has been abandoned by his player.

I do want to resume Zombie Apocalypse, but I haven't had enough time for so long. You'd be welcome to join that one too. I really need more players signed up for it before I continue it, as the huge cast of characters are almost all playable, but any not played by someone else are NPCs run by me. The more NPCs there are, the more time it takes me to update, and they're just not dying fast enough this time around...
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Philulhu »

If you join in with Masques, you’ll witness our dashing hero, Gui l’Argot, as he verbally bests that cul de cheval, Jacques du Bardin… ….
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Mr. Handy wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:09 am I do want to resume Zombie Apocalypse, but I haven't had enough time for so long. You'd be welcome to join that one too. I really need more players signed up for it before I continue it, as the huge cast of characters are almost all playable, but any not played by someone else are NPCs run by me. The more NPCs there are, the more time it takes me to update, and they're just not dying fast enough this time around...
I'd be happy to play another 10 characters or so Handy... :D
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Umbral Dragon »

so Story, or Jean Luc de Monet. Hmmm...I'd play Story if he had a better name, but that's not a game stopper. Jean Luc De Monet has a colorful name and sounds fun, but seems like more work. Story I guess. I wonder if I could change his name?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Silver Priest wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:47 am
Mr. Handy wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:09 am I do want to resume Zombie Apocalypse, but I haven't had enough time for so long. You'd be welcome to join that one too. I really need more players signed up for it before I continue it, as the huge cast of characters are almost all playable, but any not played by someone else are NPCs run by me. The more NPCs there are, the more time it takes me to update, and they're just not dying fast enough this time around...
I'd be happy to play another 10 characters or so Handy... :D
Thank you, but I'll have to limit each player to 4. However, recruiting new players would help immensely!
Umbral Dragon wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:01 am so Story, or Jean Luc de Monet. Hmmm...I'd play Story if he had a better name, but that's not a game stopper. Jean Luc De Monet has a colorful name and sounds fun, but seems like more work. Story I guess. I wonder if I could change his name?
Story regenerated into a female body, and you can find her character sheet here. She does have more than one name, and you could always make up more.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ioube
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by ioube »

Hi everyone,

I am shamelessly jumping on this thread out of the blue, but if there are open spots for players in The Masks, I'd be really interested to join!
I started the first chapter of this campaign years ago but never had a chance to finish it.

Please let me know!
Cheers,
ioube
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

My scenario The Masque of Nyarlathotep is not actually Masks of Nyarlathotep. It really has nothing to do with it, other than the similarity of the name and the (gasp! spoiler) involvement of Nyarlathotep somehow. There is a game of Masks in progress here, but it's been stalled for over a year and a half. That said, if you'd still like to join my game, you'd be welcome.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Players Looking For Games”