New to CoC

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
ryanlb3845
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 2 years 2 months

New to CoC

Post by ryanlb3845 »

New to Coc but big fan of the system and setting, but have been playing TTRPG's on and off since the late 80's. Have played in d20(D&D, etc) and percentile based games as well. I have played as both a power gamer and in roleplay heavy games and am comfortable in either.

Currently only own a players handbook for 7th edition.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New to CoC

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Ryan! You'd be welcome to join either or both of my games, which are 6th edition. I'm running Zombie Apocalypse, which is a modern non-Mythos game using the CoC rules. It's still early in Chapter 2, so you could easily play characters that were just added at the start of the chapter. The game is currently stalled due to lack of time on my part, but I hope to get it moving in the next week or two. There's also The Masque of Nyarlathotep, which takes place in southern France in 1517. It's still early, and you haven't missed too much. It's the sixth adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first five adventures to play. You're free to read the previous adventures, of course.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryanlb3845
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 2 years 2 months

Post by ryanlb3845 »

I would be interested in either campaign
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great! For Zombie Apocalypse, you should check out the character sheets and choose unclaimed characters you would like to play. You can post your selections in the character selection and discussion thread, and you can ask questions there. I recommend choosing characters that were added in Chapter 2, as there's very little catching up for them. You should only read In Character (IC) threads that contain one or more of your characters, and only those parts of the threads where they are present. This thread contains a list of characters and the hyperlinks to each thread in which they appear. Unlike in most games, in this game you are allowed to play multiple characters. I recommend choosing three, as this game is highly lethal, but you may choose any number up to four. Once you've made your selections, I'll send you your characters' secrets in a PM. Once you've read those and caught up, you are free to start posting in your characters' IC threads. The game has been stalled for some time, but I plan to get it moving again in the next few weeks.

There's more catching up to do in The Masque of Nyarlathotep, and there you'd probably need to create your own character from 1517, unless you want to take over an abandoned character. This thread has occupational skill lists and starting money for a selection of occupations, though you're free to choose an unlisted one, in which case I'll provide a list for you. The Character Creation/Rules thread tells you how to do it, and you would create a character in that thread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”