New to the forum, looking to join a game!

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
TheWayEternal
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 2 years 8 months

New to the forum, looking to join a game!

Post by TheWayEternal »

Hi all

Looking to join a game if possible. Completely new to play by post (and forums in general), and relatively new to role playing. I have been keeper for CoC for my in person group but so desperately wanting to be a player in this game too!

Hopefully speak soon!
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Re: New to the forum, looking to join a game!

Post by SunlessNick »

I have a few that have stalled because of a player's long-term absence:

Berlin: the Wicked City, crossed with Dreamlands (which in hindsight I should have billed as more primarily Dreamlands): http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/vie ... 0149f047e3 (in 1920's Berlin, the walls between the Dreamlands and the waking world are getting frayed, and threatened by the followers of a self-styled prophet, who wants to reshape the Dreamlands on a huge scale).

Harlem Unbound: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/vie ... 0149f047e3 (community figures in Harlem help people with their problems - taking in the evils of both this world and the Mythos).

And Terror Australis: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/vie ... 0149f047e3 (amateur detectives in 1928 Melbourne are coming into contact with the Mythos).

I'm presently away from home until the 23rd, so the games stay stalled until then, even if I can find replacement players, but feel free to have a look through what's happened so far, and let me know if any of them interest you.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, TheWayEternal! I've validated you, so you can post on the game boards now. I'm running two games currently, and now would be a good time for new players to join either one of them. You'd be welcome to join either or both of my games.

The Masque of Nyarlathotep takes place in southern France in 1517. It's just getting started, and you haven't missed much. It's the sixth adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first five adventures to play. You're free to read the previous adventures, of course.

There's also Zombie Apocalypse, though that doesn't involve the Cthulhu Mythos; it has its own similar mythology instead. Chapter 2 is getting off to a slow start, but I hope to get things rolling in September. That's the perfect time to jump in, as I've added a few dozen new characters, so no prior knowledge of Chapter 1 is required to play them, and I haven't yet started their threads in Chapter 2.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
TheWayEternal
Layman
Layman

Post by TheWayEternal »

Thank you Mr Handy and Sunless Nick.

Mr Handy. I would like to be able to join in on Nyarathotep if that’s ok? Probably don’t have time to check anything out for a couple of days- I have Wednesday free so can check out the links then if not before.

Sunless Nick, thank you, I will check out the links later, apologies for the delay. I didn’t realised people had responded. Could potentially join Harlem :)

Is there any way to get email updates if people have replied to posts?
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Is there any way to get email updates if people have replied to posts?
Look at the bottom of the page, there's a spanner symbol, select that and you can subscribe to the thread.
TheWayEternal
Layman
Layman

Post by TheWayEternal »

Thanks Methistophilis

I have that already checked, no emails in inbox or junk though :/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome, TheWayEternal, and welcome aboard! There's no rush, as it'll be a little while before I can arrange for a new character to brought in anyway.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
TheWayEternal
Layman
Layman

Post by TheWayEternal »

Thank you Mr Handy.

Just let me know when you’re ready. I seem to have issues with the email subscribe but hopefully that doesn’t cause an issue…..
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I should be able to bring in a new character soon, but in the meantime you can head on over to the game forum and create your character so that it'll be complete by the time I'm ready to introduce you. I've never used the email subscribe myself, I just check the site manually. I've heard some people don't always get notifications of new posts.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Players Looking For Games”