Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
themillinator
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Kiwi looking for a CoC game

Post by themillinator »

Hey,

I'm looking for an interesting group of people to play CoC with. I'm a bit old school, so only know the original Chaosium percentile system, but keen to play a game that is mature and well written.

Please get in touch if you've got a space to fill.

Cheers.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Kiwi looking for a CoC game

Post by Laraqua »

Hey kiwi! Let the skip be the first to welcome you with open tentacles to this little house of horrors. Mu from ...Thinking about running a game seems to be after new players. There's a couple Existing Game threads open, the action-packed Lure of the Nile, my own Ash and there's even an offsite game that's pretty darn good involving a zombie apocalypse. Very well-run that one and extremely cinematic - not as in supers, but as in, I could so visualise all that happened. I'd join it if I weren't having so much fun reading it!

There may be other games asking but I can't quite remember so go mosey down to those other two threads - Existing Games and Looking to run.

Also be aware that noobies can run their games, too! Feel like running a Skippy or Kiwi game? I'm sure they're tired of dreary Arkham! Give 'em sun 'n surf!
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Kiwi looking for a CoC game

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, themillinator! I'm running Zombie Apocalypse along with Welsh, and it's as much fun to write as it is to read (thanks for the compliments, Laraqua). We could really use more victims players. You can find more information here, though the list of available characters on this thread is well out of date: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=96

Zombie Apocalypse uses the original CoC rules, though without the Mythos. We've created our own mythology, however, and some elements do bear suspicious resemblance to the Mythos. All characters are pregenerated, and new players should each choose three characters that are still available. There is a lot of reading you'd have to do to catch up, but eventually we will be adding new characters. Anyone playing new characters exclusively would not have to read any of the story so far, though I highly recommend it if you can find the time. Just let me know if you'd like to join.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”