New player wanting to join a game

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 10 months

New player wanting to join a game

Post by Leonulf »

Hi, I am new to CoC but have been reading up on the rules and have played "alone against the flames" by myself and have run it as a 1-1 with my wife as keeper practice for a paper chase run.

My preference is the 1920s, second would be gaslight but in all honestly I am open to pretty much anything so I can learn CoC, but also experience it as part of an investigative party.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: New player wanting to join a game

Post by Raiko »

Hi Leonulf, welcome to the forums. If you can wait for a couple of weeks I'll need an extra player for my Masks of Nyarlathotep game (pretty much the classic 1920s CoC campaign).

Although there are a lot of posts in that game, most of them are for the 1921 prologue, which we've completed, we are only just beginning the main 1925 campaign.
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Thanks for the welcome, I can indeed wait that long. Is there a limit to how many games a member can join at one time?

I see the sense of not stretching oneself too thin nor allowing the risk of a new member joining loads and then leaving. I have no problem with limiting myself to one at a time and waiting for that spot if that is indeed the rule/recommendation.

In the meantime I shall read through the prologue that has been played out to familiarise myself.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Welcome to the game then Leonulf. :)

I've validated your account now, so you should be able to post in any games that you join now.

There's no limit to how many games you join, play as many or as few as you're comfortable playing. I think Mr. Handy is involved in every single game on here, whereas I couldn't keep up playing in other games at the time as running MoN.

Regarding my MoN game, at the moment the options to join in would be as one character who is normally a potential ally NPC, either:
a) The investigative journalist Rebecca Shosenburg, who the investigators are going to meet in the next day or so.
b) An NYPD detective, who's not been mentioned yet in the game. He's likely to be met a little later than Rebecca.

Rebecca would realistically be able to tag along with the other investigators immediately, as she's looking into the same events as the investigators. The detective might take a little longer to become part of the "party", but information the investigators have will be immediately useful to him. Both are "detective" type investigators, and so offer similar skill sets.

Whichever you prefer to play, you'd be free to either continue playing them after New York, or switch to a new investigator of your own choice for the later chapters.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Leonulf! I'm not quite in every game here. I'm not in Storm Front, though I wanted to be, but that's a game for a private group of people. You'd be welcome to play in either or both of my games.

I've brought back Zombie Apocalypse, a long-running game that petered out after more than a decade after the players all drifted away. I rebooted it, starting over from the beginning. It's modern non-Mythos survival horror, though it has its own similar mythology. You can find the recruitment thread here and the game here. You haven't missed too much, and it shouldn't be too hard to catch up with what's already happened.

I'm also running a scenario I call The Horror in the Blackout, set in London in September 1940. This is the fifth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first four adventures to play. If you do want to read the first four adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature. The recruitment thread for The Horror in the Blackout is here, and the forum for it is here. The game started some time ago, so there's some catching up to do. There are a lot of players in it already, but I think I can squeeze in another if you're willing to take over an abandoned character.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Raiko wrote: a) The investigative journalist Rebecca Shosenburg, who the investigators are going to meet in the next day or so.
This option sounds good to me as it looks like I can read from the NPC encounter in this chapter as/when it happens to familiarise myself before shes ready to join as a party member in the next step. I look forward to it.

@ Mr. Handy
Thanks for the welcome. I will have a read over the Zombie Apocalypse, and if I have any questions I will shove them in the recruitment thread.

Return to “Players Looking For Games”