Looking for CoC game

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 2 months

Looking for CoC game

Post by Borderline »

Hello, experienced in DnD, looking to play CoC either play by post or theatre of the mind would be just fine. I should have everything I need to start, Im on Mountain standard time, GMT-7 I believe. Id like to play in the night anywhere from 10:30pm onward start time. I undwrstand that CoC is differebt than DnD and have been researching and listebing to play throughs as well as collecting game materials. Thanks for looking!
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 3 months

Re: Looking for CoC game

Post by Umbral Dragon »

You're invited to joun us in Doors to Darkness.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Thank you! What do I have to do next?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Borderline! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. Time zones don't matter as much when playing by post, as we all post whenever we have time. You'd be welcome to join my games.

I've brought back Zombie Apocalypse, a long-running game that petered out after more than a decade after the players all drifted away. I rebooted it, starting over from the beginning. It's modern non-Mythos survival horror, though it has its own similar mythology. You can find the recruitment thread here and the game here. You haven't missed too much, and it should be easy to catch up with what's already happened.

I'm also running a scenario I call The Horror in the Blackout, set in London in September 1940. This is the fifth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first four adventures to play. If you do want to read the first four adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature. The recruitment thread for The Horror in the Blackout is here, and the forum for it is here. The game started some time ago, so there's some catching up to do. There are a lot of players in it already, but I think I can squeeze in another if you're willing to take over an abandoned character.

If you're interested in something a little different, I'm playtesting A Cool and Lonely Courage, a tragic story RPG where we all play female Special Operations Executive operatives sent into Nazi-occupied France. It's non-Mythos, and the playtest rules are simple. I've completed one playtest and plan to start a second one soon. You can find the recruitment thread here and the game itself here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Thank you so much if it works for you two Ive started getting ready for the doors to darkness game and the zombie apocalypse game.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Welcome to the forum Borderline. If you'd like I'm also looking for a third player for my Delta Green game. It's a lot like call of cthulhu(and indeed was initially a supplement for it) but with a bit more of a conspiratorial flavor. If you have the time and interest I'd be happy to have you.

Return to “Players Looking For Games”