Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Any CoC pbp games need an extra victim?

Post by jp1885 »

Hi,
I'm a newbie here, and thus yet to experience the horrors of CoC.
Being a naive fool, I'd like to try my hand at some pbp rpg - 7e for preference as that's the edition I'm familiar with (though barely).
Cheers,
JP
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Any CoC pbp games need an extra victim?

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Jon! Glad you joined us here! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. My games are in 6th edition, but you'd be welcome to join them.

I'm running a scenario I call The Horror in the Blackout, set in London in September 1940. This is the fifth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first four adventures to play. If you do want to read the first four adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature. The recruitment thread for The Horror in the Blackout is here, and the forum for it is here. The game started last year, so there's some catching up to do. There are a lot of players in it already, but I think I can squeeze in another if you're willing to take over an abandoned character.

I'm also considering bringing back Zombie Apocalypse, a long-running game that petered out after more than a decade after the players all drifted away. I'd probably be rebooting it, starting over from the beginning. It's modern non-Mythos survival horror, though it has its own similar mythology. You can find the recruitment thread here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Thanks! I'll PM you when I have a spare moment :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

There's a possibility that I might have a spot in my Masks of Nyarlathotep game.

We're using the new edition for 7E Call of Cthulhu.

At the moment the game is part way through the new prologue, I'd expect it to take about another six weeks or so to reach the end of the prologue.

One or two players appear to have dropped out, but I'm probably okay finishing the prologue with the five regular players. So I wasn't going to worry about recruitment until chapter one.

If you're interested, then there's definitely a spot for you in chapter one, which is where Masks used to begin, but I'll also have a think about how you could join in the Peru prologue.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Thanks Raiko, sounds great!
I'm completely unfamiliar with 'Masks', so am happy to drop in where/whenever you deem fit.
Likewise I can pick up an existing character or roll up a new one.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Great. :)

I'll reply again in a day or two. There's currently an NPC who could be taken as an investigator, which would be better than taking over another player's discarded character.

The player who appears to have dropped out isn't in the current scene, and it would actually fit the story for them to have left the country in a hurry.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Please can you read through our in character thread here?

It's only a few pages long at the moment, so not too big a read.

The NPC Professor Sánchez is available as an investigator. You'd have a relatively free hand to tweak his skills.

Alternatively you can use the young lady whose life John has just saved. We don't know anything about her other than that I called her a student in my posts. Thanks to John's spectacularly good first aid roll I've got a bit of leeway to give her a few hit points back when she wakes up, so after a day's rest in a hotel bed, she'd be good to go.

That would give you almost complete freedom.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Exciting/horrifying stuff so far! I'd like to play the student if I may?
Shall I create a character and PM the details for your approval?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

That's great. :D It's actually easier for me to move things along at/after the museum if Sánchez remains an NPC for now. Someone's going to have to explain all the bodies! :)

Yes if you could create a character for the student, I'll arrange for the doctor to have an equally successful medicine "roll" when they treat you at the Hotel Maury.

We've not got very much left to do in the Lima section of the prologue, and so she should be more or less fully fit by the time it's important.

Note that after the prologue, Chapter One of the campaign itself takes place in January 1925, and so your character will age between chapters.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Sheesh the dice weren't kind, but I've completed a fillable PDF for my character. I'm running out of time today, so I can either email you the PDF (if you're happy to PM your email address) or I'll send it to you in text form tomorrow.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've sent you a PM with my email address.

It's actually the same address that should be clickable from my profile.

I'm using the option from the rules (option 3 I think) that lets you freely swap the rolls once you've rolled them all, even say EDU with SIZ)

Return to “Players Looking For Games”