Looking for Delta Green.

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Mallet
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Looking for Delta Green.

Post by Mallet »

Hello, new player here, looking for a game of Delta Green.

I have the player handbook and have read it once, and I am also familiar with CoC 7e.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: Looking for Delta Green.

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi Mullet!
I´m considering revisiting New York City and Lexington Avenue. Club Apocalypse is reopening with The band Charnel Dreams is doing a 22 year anniversary of their hit song Come Again from 1995. In the 90´s there was a case assigned to DG. The case cöosed when the club got shut down and the owner disappeared from US soil.

To begin the scenario, visit the nearest Green Box and retrieve three items and deliver at the blue doors of Club Apocalypse.

http://www.palinola.com/projects/lab/greenbox/

You´d be assigned operative name HOLDEN.

PM me if you are accepting the invite.

Anno 2018
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mallet
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mallet »

Hello Dave,
this seems very interesting indeed.
OTOH,I have no experience with the "green box" concept, so I would appreciate some advice.
Also, what number of players are you aiming for ?
Amitiés,
Roger ("Mallet").
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The Green Box has been used by Delta Green agents to fill up their arsenal. In NYC you have one such box at Manhattan Mall.
This was Delta Green's term for a private-storage area used for storing useful supplies. Ideally, each major city had a Green Box where departing agents could drop off valuable resources, which future teams would access as needed. It was sort of a junk stash, a place to leave leftover ammo, flashlights, batteries, or what have you. In practice, only a handful of cities had Green Boxes, and their contents were highly random. Some might have sniper rifles and thermal-neutral suits that defeated infrared cameras; others might have a stale sack of chips and a polymorphic corpse sealed in plastic. You never knew what you'd find—-assuming that the city you were in even had one.
The purpose of the Green Box in the scenario is to give you some odd tidbits that other agents have left behind. Put a one in each field of the mundane objects and hit GENERATE.
The items should be added to your agent´s profile.
The profile can be rolled up using the Agents´Handbook.

Three agents should be enough. If you could reach out to Mr. Handy, I´m sure he´d be interested. I´ll see if I can stir up some interest.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mallet
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mallet »

OK
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I´m at our cabin atm and will set up a game forum over the weekend. Airbornexo has agreed to join in as well. So, there are two agents involved as of now.
Thanks for joining, Mallet!
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The forum is open!
It´s the one at the bottom.

https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewforum.php?f=32
TVblog

Mallet
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mallet »

Hello,

I would like to make one suggestion, and point out one constraint.

The suggestion is that more players are probably better then less, in case 1-2 people have real-life issues that spin out of control and they have to drop out.

So maybe 5-6 players could possibly be a good number to prevent scenario crash due to player loss ?

The constraint is that I will only be able to post once every 2-3 days, or about 2-3 times a week, including weekends, because I am already committed to a few ongoing Play by Post / Play by Forum RPGs, on which I post with the same frequency.

Amitiés,

Roger ("Mallet").
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

No problem, friend. I´ll advertise for players in the forum apropriate for that.
Posting speed is no problem neither.

Cheers!
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The current count of players, not including myself, is seven.
So, I think the safe house will be quite crammed by now.

See you at Lexington Avenue, agent.
TVblog

Return to “Players Looking For Games”