Looking for a relatively short game

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Hanith
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 4 months

Looking for a relatively short game

Post by Hanith »

Not quite at the point where I want to commit a few years to a single campaign. Currently, I only have the quick start rules and have only played "Alone against the Flames." This is mainly me playing to decide if I should buy the books for CoC.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Re: Looking for a relatively short game

Post by evil_scientist »

Try asking HoneyDog whether he is taking any more players for his commencing game: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=6192

(Edit: I don't guarantee anything, this game is not run by me! but it's a possibility, as the game is only about to start)
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Hanith
Layman
Layman

Post by Hanith »

Thanks for the lead.
Hanith
Layman
Layman

Post by Hanith »

No dice on that one. Still up for recruitment.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Hanith! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

You'd be welcome to join my games. I'm running a scenario I call The Horror in the Blackout, set in London in September 1940. This is the fifth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first four adventures to play. If you do want to read the first four adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature. The recruitment thread for The Horror in the Blackout is here, and the forum for it is here. The game started earlier this year, so there's some catching up to do. There are a lot of players in it already, but I think I can squeeze in another. While it is part of a lengthy campaign, the way it is structured, you can just play in a single scenario. If you choose to play the next one, you can play as a different character in a different time and place.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

Hi! My game Dead Men Walking is also currently on the lookout for new players. This scenario hasn't really gotten a lot of traction yet, but I can definitely get you into the game with minor difficulty thus far. I had included some flavor settings and rules for psychic abilities for a 1920s China scenario where the PCs gets to investigate the strange happenings around Peking city (now known as Beijing) before the Festival of The Dead takes place. The scenario should probably take about four-to-five acts to finish depending on certain acts of player choice.

The character creation process may be relatively daunting for a new player, but it shouldn’t be that hard overall, and there’s no requirement on pree-existing knowledge of 1920s China.

You're most welcome to take a look. :)
Dead Men Walking
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)

Return to “Players Looking For Games”