Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
TomE
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Seeking for a game

Post by TomE »

Hello,
I'm newbie when it comes to the RPG stuff, Call of Cthulhu is my first RPG rulebook, so I look for a chance to learn how to play. I already read it so I guess I know the basics of the mechanics and stuff, but as you can guess, theory and practice are two different things. A facebook CoC group directed me here. If it's possible, I'd like to join any game, already exiting or just starting. Since English is not my first language, I prefer playing via forum than via Skype or so, because it's much easier for me to write than to speak (and to understand what the other people speak about). I prefer historical CoC, set in the 20 or 30 or even in the older times, 'cos I know history quite well (and I'd like to play person who is somehow linked with the historical topics - historian, archaeologist, museologist, collector and so on). I read most of the Lovecraft stories along with some other authors of the Lovecraftian circle as well.
I'm still not 100% certain about my language skills, but I think they're good enough for such game.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Seeking for a game

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, TomE! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

You'd be welcome to join my games. I'm running a scenario I call The Horror in the Blackout, set in London in September 1940. This is the fifth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first four adventures to play. If you do want to read the first four adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature. The recruitment thread for The Horror in the Blackout is here, and the forum for it is here. The game started earlier this year, so there's some catching up to do. There are a lot of players in it already, but I think I can squeeze in another.

I've also brought back Zombie Apocalypse, a long-running game that stalled when all of the players stopped posting, after a lengthy hiatus, but it has stalled again. It's non-Mythos, but it uses the Call of Cthulhu rules and has its own similar mythology. It's set in the nebulous near future at the start of the zombie outbreak. It's survival horror rather than investigative horror. While a lot has happened, it's still early on the second day, so you could jump in without too much catching up (unless you take over characters who have been around for a long time). You can find the recruitment thread here, and the game itself is here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Hi there. I'm currently looking for replacement players for my two campaigns:

1) Eternal Lies: viewforum.php?f=352
The campaign has been going on for more than one year, but it's a very long campaign, so if you jump in right now you're still in for most of the fun. You can check out the topic "The Diary" in the game forum to get an idea of the story. Keep in mind that the system is Trail of Cthulhu and not Call of Cthulhu, though, although it's a very simple system and you should be able to learn it in no time.

2) Assault on the Mountains of Madness: viewforum.php?f=409
This campaign has just started, we're playing the prologue. Since the players are exploring an enemy base, you should pick up one of the existing characters rather than creating a new one. This is a WWII war campaign, again a very long campaign. The system is Call of Cthulhu with some rules from the Achtung Cthulhu setting.

Feel free to let me know if there's anything that interests you ;)
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

Hi! My game Dead Men Walking is also currently on the lookout for new players. This scenario hasn't been started yet, but I've included some flavor settings and rules for psychic abilities for a 1920s China setting where the PCs gets to investigate the strange happenings around Peking city (now known as Beijing)before the Festival of The Dead takes place. You're most welcome to take a look, and the link is in my signature below.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Fonner
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Post by Fonner »

HelplessBysstander wrote:Hi! My game Dead Men Walking is also currently on the lookout for new players. This scenario hasn't been started yet, but I've included some flavor settings and rules for psychic abilities for a 1920s China setting where the PCs gets to investigate the strange happenings around Peking city (now known as Beijing)before the Festival of The Dead takes place. You're most welcome to take a look, and the link is in my signature below.
This sounds so interesting. I'll certainly check this out. I hope it's not too late.
Last edited by Fonner on Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

It is NEVER too late.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)

Return to “Players Looking For Games”