Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Bow down before Cthulhu!

Post by ZadokAllen »

Hello Everyone,
Been playing CoC 7th edition for a year now as a keeper, but would like to play myself! New to pbp and looking for a game.
Grtz
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Bow down before Cthulhu!

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, ZadokAllen! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

You'd be welcome to join my games, though they are 6th edition rather than 7th. I've recently started a scenario I call The Horror in the Blackout, set in London in September 1940. This is the fifth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first four adventures to play. If you do want to read the first four adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature. The recruitment thread for The Horror in the Blackout is here, and the forum for it is here. There's an abandoned character whose player never showed up that you could take over, or you could create your own. Since the game just started, there's hardly any catching up to do.

I've also brought back Zombie Apocalypse, a long-running game that stalled when all of the players stopped posting, after a lengthy hiatus, but it has stalled again. It's non-Mythos, but it uses the Call of Cthulhu rules and has its own similar mythology. It's set in the nebulous near future at the start of the zombie outbreak. It's survival horror rather than investigative horror. While a lot has happened, it's still early on the second day, so you could jump in without too much catching up (unless you take over characters who have been around for a long time). You can find the recruitment thread here, and the game itself is here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ZadokAllen »

Thank you for the validation, Mr.Handy!

As I'm a fan of Dr. Who i would like to join your cross-over campaign. I've read the introduction and character creation section. I might like to create my own character but just out of curiosity, what is the abandoned one? As I said I'm new to PbP so you might have to help me along and apologies for future stupidities. I'm also not a native English speaker so please ignore spelling mistakes.

So what is next?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome, and welcome aboard! The abandoned character is Lord Rufus Colville, a civil servant with the Foreign Office. You can find his character sheet here. If you want to play him, you can just let me know by posting here. If you'd rather create your own character, just follow the instructions in the character creation thread and post your work (and any questions you may have) there. Have fun!

Your English is excellent, by the way, better than some native English speakers.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ZadokAllen »

I think I'm going to roll up some dice and create my own character. And thank you for the opportunity to play!

Return to “Players Looking For Games”