Howdy

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Ladybirdster
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Howdy

Post by Ladybirdster »

Hello out there, are there any games that are willing to take in a novice player? I'm a huge lovecraft fan and have been dying to play me some coc!!
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Re: Howdy

Post by evil_scientist »

Welcome to the forum!

I think there are no new games starting right now, but there are some ongoing ones that accept new players, and maybe something will pop up soon!
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

We could use new blood in the "ghastly affair" game -- different system than CoC, if you're interested.

viewforum.php?f=387
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Ladybirdster! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

You'd be welcome to join my games. I've recently started a scenario I call The Horror in the Blackout, set in London in September 1940. This is the fifth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first four adventures to play. If you do want to read the first four adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature. The recruitment thread for The Horror in the Blackout is here, and the forum for it is here. There's an abandoned character whose player never showed up that you could take over, or you could create your own. Since the game just started, there's hardly any catching up to do.

I've also brought back Zombie Apocalypse, a long-running game that stalled when all of the players stopped posting, after a lengthy hiatus, but it has stalled again. It's non-Mythos, but it uses the Call of Cthulhu rules and has its own similar mythology. It's set in the nebulous near future at the start of the zombie outbreak. It's survival horror rather than investigative horror. While a lot has happened, it's still early on the second day, so you could jump in without too much catching up (unless you take over characters who have been around for a long time). You can find the recruitment thread here, and the game itself is here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Draconic
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by Draconic »

Eldritch Whispers is recruiting if you're interested

It's a fairly simple Play by Post game set in a fictional university town in New York State called Pinegrove during the fifties. There is something of an anime theme to it, though that naturally isn't the focus. The players take the roles of students at the university who decide to investigate some eerie events taking place in town. They are not detective's, nor do they have any experience in playing the role of detectives. They are typical university students, though every one of them will be exceptional in their own ways.

Click Here for the link

Return to “Players Looking For Games”