Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
domdombear
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Brand New Player looking for a game

Post by domdombear »

Hello all, My name is Dominick.

I am interested in playing some of the ‘Call of Cthulhu RPG', but I have never played it. I have some experience with RPGs but it only extends to about 2 years of D&D 5th. If anyone can help give me a shout.

Talk to you all soon
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: Brand New Player looking for a game

Post by HoneyDog »

Hi Dominick

I'm looking for players for The Edge of Darkness - you'd be welcome to join. It's an introductory adventure so don't worry if you don't have much experience.
domdombear
Layman
Layman

Post by domdombear »

Hey Honeydog, that sounds great, I would be very interested :)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Good! You make 3 players, so we just need one more to start. Hopefully it won't take long. I'll let you know when things are set up. Do you have the CoC rules?
domdombear
Layman
Layman

Post by domdombear »

Sounds good. I don't have the rules currently, I was looking to get the 7th edition player handbook, is this the one I would need? I have watched some videos online so I am mildly aware of how to play.
domdombear
Layman
Layman

Post by domdombear »

Update: Just downloaded the investigator Handbook
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome aboard, Dominick! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

I'm running a Cthulhu Invictus scenario called The Brotherhood of Death which is set in 44 BC Rome. It's most of the way through, but it wouldn't be too hard to catch up on it. I could use someone to take over an abandoned character (ex-gladiator Aricus Callidus Gladio). The character sheet is in this thread. It is built on page 2, and you can find the sheet there. I never did have time to compile these sheets into their final form and put them in the Character Sheets thread.), or you could create a new character. This is the fourth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first three adventures to play. If you do want to read the first three adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature.

I've also brought back Zombie Apocalypse, a long-running game that stalled when all of the players stopped posting, after a lengthy hiatus. It's non-Mythos, but it uses the Call of Cthulhu rules and has its own similar mythology. It's set in the nebulous near future at the start of the zombie outbreak. It's survival horror rather than investigative horror. While a lot has happened, it's still early on the second day, so you could jump in without too much catching up (unless you take over characters who have been around for a long time). Currently the game has stalled again. You can find the recruitment thread here, and the game itself is here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Houtebutb

Brand New Player looking for a game

Post by Houtebutb »

Hey there,

We are looking to add another player or two to our play by post game, 4E.

We are a couple of experienced role players in IRL via email and through play by post. Our IRL games have fallen away so looking to make up the time via Play by post.

We use Slack to play.

Let me know if you're interested,
Thanks,
N

Return to “Players Looking For Games”