Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
alazred
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

New to PBeM and RPG

Post by alazred »

Hi all,

I'm new to the PBeM system and the RPG in general. I'm reading the chaosium CoC quick start guide right now to have a basic understanding of how things work. So if you have the patience to guide a newby ill be happy to join you in your game.

alazred
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: New to PBeM and RPG

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, alazred! Ive validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

I'm running a Cthulhu Invictus scenario called The Brotherhood of Death which is set in 44 BC Rome. It's in the middle, but it wouldn't be too hard to catch up on it. I could use someone to take over an abandoned character, or you could create a new character. This is the fourth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first three adventures to play. If you do want to read the first three adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature.

I've also recently brought back Zombie Apocalypse, a long-running game that stalled when all of the players stopped posting, after a lengthy hiatus. It's non-Mythos, but it uses the Call of Cthulhu rules and has its own similar mythology. It's set in the nebulous near future at the start of the zombie outbreak. It's survival horror rather than investigative horror. While a lot has happened, it's still early on the second day, so you could jump in without too much catching up (unless you take over characters who have been around for a long time). You can find the recruitment thread here, and the game itself is here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
alazred
Layman
Layman

Post by alazred »

Hi mr.handy,

I will be happy to join your invictus game. Tell me what characters are available and ill choose. Or i could create a new one if its more convenient. If you have a thread where i could read how your game works let me know. And ill try to read everything on the game that was done so far.

Thanks

alazred
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome, and welcome aboard! It would be best if you take an abandoned character, but if you prefer to create one of your own, you can. There are two abandoned characters currently available. One is Lucius Verres, a finder who is actually a companion. If you play him, it would help if you're also familiar with the first three adventures, as he was in them. The other is Spurius Papirius Valens, a cavalryman.

You should only read In Character threads if your chosen character is in them, with the sole exception of the Introduction thread in Episode 1. The Character Creation/Rules thread has information needed to create your own character, as well as the posts where characters were created and their character sheets. It also has some rules discussion. The best way to get a feel for how the game works would be to read the IC threads that contain your chosen character.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
alazred
Layman
Layman

Post by alazred »

Ill be ok to retake lucius verres.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great, he's all yours! In order to catch up on what he's done so far in this adventure, you should read the following threads in the following order:

Episode 1: All Roads Lead to Rome, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Cold Pursuit, A Royal Audience, and Plans and Schemes
Episode 2: No Tomorrow, The Conspirators, Another Stakeout, Intruder, Together Again, The Messenger, The Doctor Is Out, The Doctor Is In, and After Midnight

At the end of each thread, you'll find a hyperlink directing you to the next thread. After Midnight is your current thread, and you may post there whenever you're ready.

There are links in my signature to the first three adventures, which you may read (in their entirety if you wish) if and when you have time. It is more important that you catch up on the current adventure, but they'll give you a better feel for Lucius and the other members of the TARDIS crew.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
alazred
Layman
Layman

Post by alazred »

Perfect i'll try to catch up asap!
alazred
Layman
Layman

Post by alazred »

I'm reading through episode 1. Im at the cold pursuit section.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Take your time. The game is moving very slowly right now anyway, and I'll also be away this weekend.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Players Looking For Games”