Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Game Wanted

Post by HoneyDog »

Hi Everyone

I'm new to the game but am very much up for taking part in a Classic, Gaslight or Delta Green scenario, although of course I'll consider any era. I haven't played RPG for a long time but I've been reading up about CoC and how it works so I don't think the learning curve will be too great.

If anyone has something in the pipeline I'd love to hear from you.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Game Wanted

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm running a Cthulhu Invictus scenario called The Brotherhood of Death which is set in 44 BC Rome. It's in the middle, but it wouldn't be too hard to catch up on it. I could use someone to take over an abandoned character, or you could create a new character. This is the fourth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first three adventures to play. If you do want to read the first three adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature.

I've also recently brought back Zombie Apocalypse, a long-running game that stalled when all of the players stopped posting, after a lengthy hiatus. It's non-Mythos, but it uses the Call of Cthulhu rules and has its own similar mythology. It's set in the nebulous near future at the start of the zombie outbreak. It's survival horror rather than investigative horror. While a lot has happened, it's still early on the second day, so you could jump in without too much catching up (unless you take over characters who have been around for a long time). You can find the recruitment thread here, and the game itself is here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Thanks Mr. Handy!

I'd like to join your Invictus game. I'll be quite happy to take up an existing character. I'm reading through the previous posts and get a feel for it, and if there is anything I should do to prepare please let me know. Feel free to PM me.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome. You should only read In Character threads if they contain the character you're going to play, at least until the adventure is over. Afterwards, everyone is free to read the whole thing. The only exception to this is the Inroduction thread in Episode 1, which everyone may read.

You have a few choices of abandoned characters from which to choose. Lucius Verres, a finder, is a companion who has been in this game since the beginning, so if you play him, it would be better if you were familiar with the first three adventures, though you may be able to get by without reading them. The other choices are Claudius, hideously deformed slave of Germanicus, and Spurius Papirius Valens, a cavalryman.

Welcome aboard, and enjoy!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Understood! I'll be Claudius - you can see from my avatar that I'm already hideously deformed. I'll read up on his entries and get a feel for him.

Please let me know if there is anything in particular I need to do or posts that I should respond to, it will take me a short while to get into the flow of the game.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great, he's all yours! There's no rush, as your current thread is on hold for a bit while I resolve something in the other one, so take your time. You should read the following iC threads in the order below:

Episode 1: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, The Play's the Thing, The Stage Is Set, and Plans and Schemes
Episode 2: No Tomorrow, Preparations, and Eat, Drink, and Be Merry
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Okay - I'll read through and PM you when I'm ready. Should be in the next few days.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

There's no need to send me a PM. You can just start posting whenever you're ready, and you can always post in the Out of Character thread (The Zero Room).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper