Newbie looking for CoC game

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Newbie looking for CoC game

Post by DrkRoxas »

Hello there! I found this site by asking one of the people I rolled with in rpol forums, I used to roll on a CoC game, but the gm had to stop it and I hadn't found another place to do it.

I've tried rolling in real life, but it's pretty hard for me to find people, and to be honest, I love how the Play by Post mechanics works, lets me get a better picture of the characters and express everything better, I'm familiar with the 1920 era, but I can play anywhere as long as it's Cthulhu! I'm active and looking for a fun and spooky experience :) Thanks in advance.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Newbie looking for CoC game

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, DrkRoxas! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. You'd be welcome to join either (or both) of my games.

I'm running a Cthulhu Invictus scenario called The Brotherhood of Death which is set in 44 BC Rome. It's still in the early stages, so it wouldn't be too hard to catch up on it. I could use someone to take over an abandoned character, or you could create a new character. This is the fourth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first three adventures to play. If you do want to read the first three adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature.

I've also recently brought back Zombie Apocalypse, a long-running game that stalled when all of the players stopped posting, after a lengthy hiatus. It's non-Mythos, but it uses the Call of Cthulhu rules and has its own similar mythology. It's set in the nebulous near future at the start of the zombie outbreak. It's survival horror rather than investigative horror. While a lot has happened, it's still early on the second day, so you could jump in without too much catching up (unless you take over characters who have been around for a long time). You can find the recruitment thread here, and the game itself is here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by DrkRoxas »

Hi! I'd like to enter The Brotherhood of Death, most of the time I play as some sort of criminal (smuggler, mafia man, pickpocket, etc) I read the professions but can't see anything similar, what would be the most alike job? I can also use an existing character if it's more comfortable for you, I can play as another type of character if it's needed :)
Thanks again for the chance!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome aboard! You should play whichever type of character you like. I never actually finished putting down all of the occupations. The Thief occupation sounds like the one you want. The occupational skills are Climb, Conceal, Fast Talk, Hide, Jump, Throw, Track, and one other skill of your choice. Your starting money is 1D3 x 50 sesterii. You can see the instructions for creating a character in the Character Creation/Rules thread. You can post your work in progress in that thread and ask any questions you have there. Once your character is complete, I'll introduce him or her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by DrkRoxas »

Okay! I posted what I did, I'll wait for your consent :)

Return to “Players Looking For Games”