Looking for some RP - play-by-post, or by cam

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Jack Locke
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 8 years

Looking for some RP - play-by-post, or by cam

Post by Jack Locke »

Hey guys, new to the forum, but not the genre. Looking to find some RP, CoC style. Experienced RPer, looking to delve into this genre cuz for me its the most inspiring stuff since running Forgotten Realms fantasy back in my teen days. Much prefer the thought of exploring some dark, creepy, sleepy towns ...with a dose of otherworldly doom! Been reading though some of the source material lately too. I'm primed. So if you've got a game and need a player, let me know. :idea:

Jack Locke
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Looking for some RP - play-by-post, or by cam

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Jack Locke! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. You'd be welcome to join my game, a Cthulhu Invictus scenario called The Brotherhood of Death set in 44 BC. It's still in the early stages, so it wouldn't be too hard to catch up on it. I could use someone to take over the character of Lucius Verres, or you could create a new character. This is the fourth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anyting about Doctor Who or the first three adevntures to play (unless you take over Lucius, who has been in the campaign since the beginning). If you do want to read the first three adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Jack Locke
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 8 years

Post by Jack Locke »

Thanks, I'll check those out. Is there a character creation template I can look at, or can you tell me what system is used? d20 or something else? it's been a while.

EDIT to add: Is this it here? 6th edition? https://montereycthulhu.files.wordpress ... dition.pdf

Is this how skills are handled? http://letsgetweird.info/?page_id=394
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

This is a Cthulhu Invictus scenario, which is a variant of 6th edition. I've modified the standard character sheet slightly for this scenario. You can find full character creation instructions here. The occupation list you linked to is for classic era; Invictus has its own occupation list (which also determines income). I've posted an occupation list here. I never did get around to finishing it before everyone created their characters, so there are still several more later in the alphabet that are not in the thread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”