New to CoC (Not so new anymore...)

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

New to CoC (Not so new anymore...)

Post by Zero »

I'm a veteran roleplayer (almost 20 years) who only recently became interested in the Cthulhu mythos and the Call of Cthulhu RPG. I've done some research, so I have a bit of an idea on how a typical session plays out. I am primarily interested in the 1920s time period, though modern also has some appeal. Hope to get involved in something soon. Cheers.

Z
Last edited by Zero on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: New to CoC

Post by DrPeterson »

Welcome to the forum, Zero!

We have all kinds of games, so I'm sure you'll find something to your liking.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Welcome Zero.

I'm currently in the middle of a game called Star on the Shore which is set in the 1920's. I am actually looking for a couple replacement players to fill in for a couple people who dropped out.

Take a look at the forum and if you are interested in joining in just let me know.

Thanks.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Zero! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. You'd be welcome to join my games, and I'm more than happy to take on new players. None of them are set in the 1920s, but a couple are modern(ish). The Brotherhood of Death, the fourth adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, is a Cthulhu Invictus adventure set in Rome in 44 BC. It's currently just getting underway. No knowledge of Doctor Who or the first three adventures is required (though you can read them if you like), and there's a thread detailing occupations and setting background that I'm constructing.

I also run Zombie Apocalypse, a modern near-future non-Mythos game, though with a similar mythology. It has been stalled lately and could use some fresh brains.

There was also Space Oddity, based on Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and set in 1969 Philadelphia, but that has been dead for a long time, as all of the players have disappeared. I can bring it back if there's interest.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Zero »

Wow, has it really been nearly three years from when I made my one and only post here? Since then I've managed to get into a couple of CoC games, and am currently playing in a rather entertaining 7th Edition campaign (on another site). I would be interested in taking on perhaps one more, though. My experience has mostly been with 7e, but I've also done a bit of 6e as well. I do manage to find another game that seems intriguing to me, I'd like to play in either the 1920s/1930s or the modern settings. Anyhow, I've baited my hook once more, maybe I'll get a bite or two? 8-)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: New to CoC (Not so new anymore...)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Zero! The Brotherhood of Death has concluded, but I'm currently running the next adventure in that campaign, The Horror in the Blackout. It's set in London in September 1940, which is fairly close to one of your preferred eras. I'm using 6th edition (7th didn't even exist yet when I started the campaign). You'd be welcome to join if you like. We're in the middle of the game, but there are a few abandoned characters, and you could take over one of them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”