Hello! My Name Is...

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Clammy721
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Hello! My Name Is...

Post by Clammy721 »

Hello all! I'm Glenn (Clammy721) and new here on these forums. I'd be honored to join any CoC games that are looking for new players. I'm an avid Lovecraft and horror fan. I have CoC 6th ed as well as Investigator's and Keepers Guide, along with a selection of some published scenarios. I'm still fairly new to the system as I don't really have an rpg game group I can play with. But I have run a couple adventures with the wife and kids as unwilling participants. Please consider me for any upcoming games you may need a new guy for. Thank You!!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Hello! My Name Is...

Post by Mr. Handy »

You'd be welcome to join my games, and I'm more than happy to take on new players. The Brotherhood of Death, the fourth adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, is a Cthulhu Invictus adventure set in Rome in 44 BC. It's currently about to get properly underway. No knowledge of Doctor Who or the first three adventures is required (though you can read them if you like), and there's a thread detailing occupations and setting background that I'm constructing.

I also run Zombie Apocalypse, a modern near-future non-Mythos game, though with a similar mythology. It has been stalled lately and could use some fresh brains.

There was also Space Oddity, based on Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and set in 1969 Philadelphia, but that has been dead for a long time, as all of the players have disappeared. I can bring it back if there's interest.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Clammy721
Layman
Layman

Post by Clammy721 »

I was browsing the Brotherhood of Death Forums and the game looks very interesting and seems like lots of fun. Do I need to be familiar with Invictus? I've never tried Invictus before but I'd be very interested in joining the game if you'd have me and have room for another player.
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 9 months

Post by Supercape »

Welcome from another new player, if you are interested in Sci-fi Cthullhu Horror, there is a space on Titanic Horror :)
Clammy721
Layman
Layman

Post by Clammy721 »

I'd be interested if you're still looking for a new player...
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 9 months

Post by Supercape »

Sure, check out the "Players wanted" section. We had a drop out so there is space for a third player, either picking up the dropped PC, playing the doctor of the base (who is barely fleshed out, it just means the name and having medical skills is determined), or (which might take a little work and a little delay), creating a new PC who will arrive on titan.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Clammy721 wrote:I was browsing the Brotherhood of Death Forums and the game looks very interesting and seems like lots of fun. Do I need to be familiar with Invictus? I've never tried Invictus before but I'd be very interested in joining the game if you'd have me and have room for another player.
Great, welcome aboard! You don't need to be familiar with Invictus. I'll help you with whatever you need to know about the setting background and differences. There's still room, as some of the players who originally signed up for it haven't posted. When you're ready to work on character creation, you can post in the Character Creation/Rules thread. The "Friends, Romans, Countrymen" thread is a work in progress. Most of the occupations are detailed there, and I should get the rest and some background info up this weekend.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Clammy721
Layman
Layman

Post by Clammy721 »

I was thinking of possibly playing a magus. So when I'm ready, shall I just let you know in the Character Creation thread then?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

A Magus can work well. Yes, when you're ready you can post your work on your character in the Character Creation thread, along with your rolls and any questions you may have about character creation.

I'm planning to start the main IC thread tomorrow, but if your character is still unfinished we can just assume you were there all along.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

If you are looking for something a bit more classic 1920's era CoC, I'm running a 6th ed. game A Star on the Shore.

I've had a couple players disappear off the boards. So I'm looking for some players to take over one of them.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “Players Looking For Games”