Lovecraft fan looking for anything..

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Abysmally
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Lovecraft fan looking for anything..

Post by Abysmally »

Looking for any kind of game to satiate my thirst for the mythos.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Lovecraft fan looking for anything..

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Abysmally! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

You'd be welcome to join my games, and I'm more than happy to take on new players. The Brotherhood of Death, the fourth adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, is a Cthulhu Invictus adventure set in Rome in 44 BC. It's currently about to get properly underway. No knowledge of Doctor Who or the first three adventures is required (though you can read them if you like), and there's a thread detailing occupations and setting background that I'm constructing.

I also run Zombie Apocalypse, a modern near-future non-Mythos game, though with a similar mythology. It has been stalled lately and could use some fresh brains.

There was also Space Oddity, based on Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and set in 1969 Philadelphia, but that has been dead for a long time, as all of the players have disappeared. I can bring it back if there's interest.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Abysmally
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Abysmally »

I don't know much about Doctor Who but the campaign sounds awesome. I'll join if you still need players.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome aboard! I could start with the players I have now, but there's still room for more, as some of the players who signed up haven't posted. You don't need to know anything about Doctor Who for this, and it may be better if you don't. You'll be playing a character from the time where the adventure takes place. You can head over to The Brotherhood of Death (there's a link in my signature), where you'll find the character creation thread with full instructions. You can work on your character and ask questions about character creation in that thread. There's also "Friends, Romans, Countrymen," which is a work in progress. It has descriptions and skill lists for most of the occupations. I still need to add more occupations and a lot more background info, which I hope to do over the weekend.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 9 months

Post by Supercape »

Welcome from another new player, if you are interested in Sci-fi Cthullhu Horror, there is a space on Titanic Horror :)
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

If you are looking for something a bit more classic 1920's CoC era, then I am looking for some players to fill up some spots in Star on the Shore.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “Players Looking For Games”