Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
NerdOfTheYear
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 8 years 10 months

New player keen to play

Post by NerdOfTheYear »

Hi future friends!

I've been playing various roleplaying games (DnD, Pathfinder, a few stray other games) for a few years now, but when I last went to play some Cthulhu the group collapsed before our first session. I have experience playing both Roll20 and PbP previously, and hopefully there'll be a spot for me here soon.

Cheers,

NotY
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: New player keen to play

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, NerdOfTheYear! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

You'd be welcome to join my games, and I'm more than happy to take on new players. All of my games are well underway. The Shadow Over Dunwich, the third adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, is a UNIT adventure set in 1985 Dunwich, England. No knowledge of the first two adventures is needed to play, but you can read them in the Hall of Fame if you like. You don't even need to do much catching up if you join, as you can create a UNIT soldier or take over a recently added UNIT character at this point. No knowledge of Doctor Who is required, and there's a thread detailing everything you need to know about UNIT. If you don't mind doing back reading, there are a few abandoned characters, and you could take over one. We're in the endgame, which will hopefully be completed within a month or so. After that, I plan to start the fourth adventure, a Cthulhu Invictus scenario set in the late Roman Republic that I call The Brotherhood of Death. However, that won't start until early summer.

I also run Zombie Apocalypse, a modern near-future non-Mythos game, though with a similar mythology. It has been stalled lately and could use some fresh brains.

There was also Space Oddity, based on Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and set in 1969 Philadelphia, but that has been dead for a long time, as all of the players have disappeared. I can bring it back if there's interest.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”