New and Ready to Play

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
drone232
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

New and Ready to Play

Post by drone232 »

Greetings, I'm drone232 and I'd like to join a game. Preferably something purest and in early 1900's. I know how to play trail of Cthulhu, but have not participated in an actual game besides one in real life where I was the keeper with one investigator playing. I have little knowledge on Call of Cthulhu, but am researching it some and can easily learn. I would love to do a campaign such as Masks of Nyartholhotep or Final Revelations, but will be perfectly sufficed with a short scenario that introduces me to post and play.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: New and Ready to Play

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Howdy!
You are now validated and can post in other forums.

My game is set in 1913. Could that be something for you?
I'm doing a pre-masks scenario where you play the characters from the background of Masks of Nyarlathotep. Some spots are open for play.
Forum doorway!

The cast list of supporting characters. Pick one!

Cheers!
/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, drone232! I'm glad you were able to register. You'd be welcome to join my games, and I'm more than happy to take on new players, though they're not your preferred era. All of my games are well underway. The Shadow Over Dunwich, the third adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, is a UNIT adventure set in 1985 Dunwich, England. No knowledge of the first two adventures is needed to play, but you can read them in the Hall of Fame if you like. You don't even need to do any catching up if you join, as I can introduce a new UNIT character at this point. No knowledge of Doctor Who is required, and there's a thread detailing everything you need to know about UNIT. If you don't mind doing back reading, there are a few abandoned characters, and you could take over one. We're approaching the endgame, which will hopefully be completed within a few months. This should be a relatively short experience that might serve well as an introduction, though it will be more actiony than typical Call of Cthulhu play. After that, I plan to start the fourth adventure, a Cthulhu Invictus scenario set in the late Roman Republic that I call The Brotherhood of Death. However, that won't start until the spring.

I also run Zombie Apocalypse, a modern near-future non-Mythos game, though with a similar mythology. It has only recently started moving again after a long period of inactivity.

There was also Space Oddity, based on Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and set in 1969 Philadelphia, but that has been dead for several months, as all of the players have disappeared.

The only Trail of Cthulhu game currently being run is Airbornexo's The Primer, where we're both players. However, he hasn't posted there in about two months.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
drone232
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by drone232 »

Thank you Mr. Handy, but I am already joining Syrinx's game which is just beginning I think. I would however be interested in that trail of Cthulhu Primer if it is ever restarted. I may also be intersted in Cthulhu Invictus as long as it proves itself more frightening than action oriented. I've always seen ancient Rome being portrayed as an actioney city with big battles and gladiators instead of eldritch mysteries of horror and death.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome. You can play in multiple games if you like, but not everyone has time or is interested in every game. I hope The Primer resumes too, and there's probably at least one missing player whose character you could take.

I expect The Brotherhood of Death to start around May. It won't be action-oriented (neither were the earlier parts of The Shadow Over Dunwich, just the endgame), but that's not to say it won't have action in it at all. It will have its share of eldritch mysteries, horror, and death (it's even in the title!), as well as a healthy dose of politics and intrigue.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
drone232
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by drone232 »

I will then participate in The Cthulhu Invictus and also attempt to convince my brother to join. He's an amateur historian with somewhat of an interest in Lovecraft so he might enjoy it. Inform me if The Primer starts again, I will join it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great to hear!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death