Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

Hello, New here

Post by dustakr »

Hello All,

New here, new to rpg, want to play coc rpg.

any pointers to newbie player's game setup.

~
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: Hello, New here

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi!
If you have an idea of a scenario you´d like to keep/GM, I can set a forum up for you. It can be a formal scenario from one of the game books or just an idea in your head. If you don´t have the rules, a free edition of the Quick Rules can be found here: Latest edition, 7

We usually roll dice on Invisible Castle

But you might try a dialogue driven game to get a feel of the forum-system. Create a reason for a number of people to meet and present them with a mystery or a newsclipping. Then take it from there.

Or jump into an existing game and try your luck!

/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, dustakr! You'd be welcome to join my games, and I'm more than happy to take on new players. All of my games are well underway. The Shadow Over Dunwich, the third adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, is a UNIT adventure set in 1985 Dunwich, England. No knowledge of the first two adventures is needed to play, but you can read them in the Hall of Fame if you like. You don't even need to do any catching up if you join, as I can introduce a new UNIT character at this point. No knowledge of Doctor Who is required, and there's a thread detailing everything you need to know about UNIT. If you don't mind doing back reading, there are a few abandoned characters, and you could take over one. We're approaching the endgame, which will hopefully be completed within a few months. After that, I plan to start the fourth adventure, a Cthulhu Invictus scenario set in the late Roman Republic that I call The Brotherhood of Death. However, I doubt that will start until next spring.

I also run Zombie Apocalypse, a modern near-future non-Mythos game, though with a similar mythology. It has only recently started moving again after a long period of inactivity.

There was also Space Oddity, based on Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and set in 1969 Philadelphia, but that has been dead for several months, as all of the players have disappeared.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

PM sent to Mr. Handy
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

Hello all,

returning here taking a quick stop in for some of the COC-esqe adventures.

I am here for some RP stuff, still a newb in regards to RPGs.

want to join in on new or existing RPG game.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, dustakr! You'd be welcome to play in either or both of my games.

I've brought back Zombie Apocalypse. I rebooted it, starting over from the beginning. It's modern non-Mythos survival horror, though it has its own similar mythology. You can find the recruitment thread here and the game here. You haven't missed too much, and it shouldn't be too hard to catch up with what's already happened.

I'm also running a scenario I call The Horror in the Blackout, set in London in September 1940. This is the fifth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first four adventures to play. If you do want to read the first four adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature. The recruitment thread for The Horror in the Blackout is here, and the forum for it is here. The game started some time ago, so there's some catching up to do. There are a lot of players in it already, but I think I can squeeze in another if you're willing to take over an abandoned character.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

Replied to the recruitment thread for Zombie Apocalypse Reanimated.

Return to “Players Looking For Games”