Beginning player looking for game

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Beginning player looking for game

Post by yockenthwaite »

Are there any online openings that would be suitable for a beginning/learning player? I haven't roleplayed before though I've been interested for a long time. Just could never sort out a group where I lived (rural Scotland). Any era would do but I'd probably tend more towards Classic or Modern.

Many thanks!
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Re: Beginning player looking for game

Post by welsh »

We allways have room for fresh bodies on the Lure.
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

That's great. Does your advice in the earlier thread to Shaden about viable characters still apply? If so I can have a bash at putting a character together and PM you with details. I guess I'll have a lot of reading to do as well to catch up with some of the plots / story so far.
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by welsh »

yes, generally. We have some current characters that are not active and I think we are desperate in need of academic types. If you want to pick up a character that is not currently being played, let me know. Alternatively if you wish to bring in a new body to the mix, fine.

The Chapter is winding down, but its a good time for a transition in, learning the details of the past case and prepping for the next part of this adventure.

The advice I am giving players is to use 110 points and distribute those among the major character traits. Consult the 1920s Investigator's Companion for both the special bonuses and the skills needed, then distribute as you wish. let me know what you want to play and I will help you with character creation.

Cheers,

welsh
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Thanks very much. Just got the 1920s Investigator's Companion (already had the main CoC rules: just not that bit) so will have a go at rolling up a character.

Will be in touch.

Return to “Players Looking For Games”