VaultTech reporting!

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

VaultTech reporting!

Post by TheVaultTech »

Hey, I'm the VaultTech and I want to die horribly after going insane help fight the horrors of the universe! I've only ever GMed CoC, and then only in person, but I am experienced in the ways of not dying immediately- which will extend the fun!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: VaultTech reporting!

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, TheVaultTech! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. You'd be welcome to join my games, and I'm more than happy to take on new players. All of my games are well underway and only one is currently active. That one is The Shadow Over Dunwich, the third adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, which is a UNIT adventure set in 1985 Dunwich, England. No knowledge of the first two adventures is needed to play, but you can read them in the Hall of Fame if you like. You don't even need to do any catching up if you join, as I can introduce a new UNIT character at this point. No knowledge of Doctor Who is required, and there's a thread detailing everything you need to know about UNIT. If you don't mind doing back reading, there are a couple of abandoned characters, and you could take over one. We're approaching the endgame, which will hopefully be completed within a few months. After that, I plan to start the fourth adventure, a Cthulhu Invictus scenario set in the late Roman Republic that I call The Brotherhood of Death. However, I doubt that will start until next spring.

I also run Zombie Apocalypse, a modern near-future non-Mythos game, though with a similar mythology. However, only one of the players has posted since mid-August. There was also Space Oddity, based on Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and set in 1969 Philadelphia, but that has been dead for several months, as all of the players have disappeared.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Post by TheVaultTech »

I have.... extensive.... knowledge on Doctor Who, I'm sure I'll fit right in! If I decide not to take an abandoned character, what would I need to know to gen a UNIT character? I actually happen to have a Spec. Forces type character already in my files, if the standard character gen is valid.
I'll also check out Space Oddity

Oh, and thanks for the Sugar Bombs!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome aboard! The only knowledge you'll really need to create your own UNIT character is in the Your Career in U.N.I.T. thread, plus the normal character creation instructions in the Character Creation/Rules thread (you can post your character and any questions you have in the latter thread). The existing characters are in the Cast of Crharacters thread. Chad Engraham, Leonek Novak, Raymond MacIntyre, and Valerie Soames have all been abandoned and are available to take over.

If you decide to create your own character, you can choose whichever occupation you like, regardless of what the other players are playing. However, the endgame is likely to involve plenty of action, so a combat-oriented character will make the most sense. There will be plenty of cannon fodder UNIT soldiers along for the ride as NPCs, but it doesn't hurt to have another. Soldier and Military Officer would be the occupations that make the most sense, but others are possible, particularly if they can support combat operations (Covert Operative or Medical Officer, for example).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”