Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
FokkeTale
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 9 years 6 months

New Here

Post by FokkeTale »

Hello,

I'm new here, but, not to Call of Cthulhu. I used to play in a regular tabletop game. And, have even ran a couple campaigns of Trail of Cthulhu. I have familiarity with a few other systems, as well (ranging from vanilla D&D to Changeling the Lost), and have even run a game of Silent Hill in the nWoD ruleset. But, I've recently moved, and am looking for manners of ways to scratch my Horror RPG and Lovecraftian itches; so long as they don't scratch back.

At this point, I'm interested in playing some Call of Cthulhu, and dipping my toes in as an investigator. Once I've reacquainted myself with play by post (I did a long stint of this almost a decade ago with WFRP), I may even take to running my own stories.

I hope this interests someone.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: New Here

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, FokkeTale! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. You'd be welcome to join my games, and I'm more than happy to take on new players. All of my games are well underway and only one is currently active. That one is The Shadow Over Dunwich, the third adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, which is a UNIT adventure set in 1985 Dunwich, England. No knowledge of the first two adventures is needed to play, but you can read them in the Hall of Fame if you like. You don't even need to do any catching up if you join, as I can introduce a new UNIT character at this point. No knowledge of Doctor Who is required, and there's a thread detailing everything you need to know about UNIT. If you don't mind doing back reading, there are a couple of abandoned characters, and you could take over one. We're approaching the endgame, which will hopefully be completed within a few months. After that, I plan to start the fourth adventure, a Cthulhu Invictus scenario set in the late Roman Republic that I call The Brotherhood of Death. However, I doubt that will start until next year.

I also run Zombie Apocalypse, a modern near-future non-Mythos game, though with a similar mythology. However, only one of the players has posted since mid-August. There was also Space Oddity, based on Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and set in 1969 Philadelphia, but that has been dead for several months, as all of the players have disappeared.

There are a number of other games here, some of which are looking for new players. You can look in "I'm Thinking of Running a Game..." and "Existing Games Looking for Players." When you're ready, you should be able to run a scenario of your own. New games are always welcome.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”