Fresh Meat!

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 9 months

Fresh Meat!

Post by jbibblesworth »

New player here. I played on YSDC once before a long, LONG time ago. I played in Welsh's old Lure of the Nile campaign, however I was unfamiliar with the game mechanics and wasn't really into dice rolling back then. I've since then read the corebook and have played other systems via dice and found the randomness introduced by the rolls extremely compelling.

Anyway, this would be my first time actually playing CoC with stats, sheets, etc. But as I said, I've read v.6 and am ready to give it a go!
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: Fresh Meat!

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi J!
Welcome to the forums! You can find new games at the I'm thinking of running a game - thread.

There you can ask to join a game. Or try to launch one yourself, maybe? You can get some help from
the mods here to set that up.

You can even ask in an ooc thread of an ongoing game to join.

Cheers!

I've validated you to post in other areas as of now.

/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, jbibblesworth! You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign is on its third adventure, The Shadow Over Dunwich, which is a UNIT adventure set in Dunwich, England in 1985. You can create a new UNIT character who I should be able to introduce soon, and there won't be any catching up needed. We're early in Episode 4. No knowledge of the first two games is needed, but you can read them in the Hall of Fame if you like.

Zombie Apocalypse is a modern non-Mythos game, though it has its own similar mythology. It's been running for over eight years, but you could join in with little to no catching up, as we're still only on the second day of game time (a lot has been happening). You could take over existing characters or create your own. The game has stalled at the moment, as none of the players have posted in over two weeks.

Space Oddity is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and is set in 1969 Philadelphia. It's been running for over five years, but you wouldn't need to catch up if you create a new character. You could also take over an existing character; the amount of back reading required varies depending on which one you want. The game has been stalled for nearly three months, as the only two active players have been absent.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jbibblesworth »

Thank you Syrinx! I'm looking forward to watching my sanity ebb slowly out my ears!

Mr. Handy, your games look very intriguing and I wouldn't mind joining on (or all) of them down the road. But I think initially I'd like to dip my toe in the Lovecraft pool with something a bit more traditional. I've ST'd some WoD games in the past and am having a shot at playing Keeper on a google docs game with some friends. I'm joining in part to see how the experts do it and so I can get a feel of where CoC typically sees it's roadblocks.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Zombie Apocalypse (which was actually started by Welsh way back in 2006) will probably still be there later, and one of the players has returned and started posting again. The Shadow Over Dunwich will probably wrap up within a few months, but the next game in the campaign, The Brotherhood of Death, will be a Cthulhu Invictus adventure set in the late Roman Republic. I'm hoping to start it before the end of the year.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jbibblesworth »

Oooh...that Roman campaign sounds VERY interesting. I'll keep my eye open for it! Thanks Handy!

Return to “Players Looking For Games”