New Player

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
baherroth
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

New Player

Post by baherroth »

Hello there, I am a relatively new player to the CoC RPG (although very familiar with H.P. Lovecraft's tales and his Mythos) and I
am looking for games from the classic-era up to the modern-era.

Just wondering if there are any online games I will be able to get involved.

I have both physical copies and electronic copies of the 6th Ed Rulebook and Character Sheets etc..

Thanks

Best Regards

Danyal Fryer
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: New Player

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Danyal! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games (all of them are 6th edition), and I'm sure there are others looking for players.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign is on its third adventure, The Shadow Over Dunwich, which is a UNIT adventure set in Dunwich, England in 1985. You can create a new UNIT character who I should be able to introduce soon, or you can take over Raymond MacIntyre, UNIT Technical Advisor. There's some catching up involved, but it should be manageable. We're early in Episode 4. No knowledge of the first two games is needed, but you can read them in the Hall of Fame if you like.

Zombie Apocalypse is a modern non-Mythos game, though it has its own similar mythology. It's been running for almost eight years, but you could join in with little to no catching up, as we're still only on the second day of game time (a lot has been happening). You could take over existing characters or create your own.

Space Oddity is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and is set in 1969 Philadelphia. It's been running for over five years, but you wouldn't need to catch up if you create a new character. You could also take over an existing character; the amount of back reading required varies depending on which one you want. The game has been stalled for nearly two months, as the only two active players have been absent.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New Player

Post by Laraqua »

There's also a classic era pre-world war II game set on the Orient Express called The Last Express. You're welcome to create a new character (the train has stopped at Carlsrume) or pick up an existing one (many of which have very little reading required). It's a creepy psychological horror game where the investigators are on a race against time ... and sometimes each other ... to survive the train and learn about the potential disaster which looms before them.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/

Return to “Players Looking For Games”