Ready for CoC or DG

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Russacky

Ready for CoC or DG

Post by Russacky »

Hey Guys,

I would love to join any games of either Call of Cthulhu or Delta Green. I have recently (6 months or so) started keeping (6th Ed CoC) so I'm fairly on top of the rules so playing a game should be no problem. I've just started reading through the Delta Green source book so I would love more experience with that. I wouldn't mind playing 7th edition either.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers,

Russacky
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: Ready for CoC or DG

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Russacky! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games (all of them are 6th edition), and I'm sure there are others looking for players.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign is on its third adventure, The Shadow Over Dunwich, which is a UNIT adventure set in Dunwich, England in 1985. There is only one opening right now: Raymond MacIntyre, UNIT Technical Advisor. There's some catching up involved, but it should be manageable. If you wait some time, there should be a point soon where I can introduce new characters. We're well into Episode 3. No knowledge of the first two games is needed, but you can read them in the Hall of Fame if you like.

Zombie Apocalypse is a modern non-Mythos game, though it has its own similar mythology. It's been running for over seven and a half years, but you could join in with little to no catching up, as we're still only on the second day of game time (a lot has been happening). You could take over existing characters or create your own.

Space Oddity is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and is set in 1969 Philadelphia. It's been running for almost five years, but you wouldn't need to catch up if you create a new character. You could also take over an existing character; the amount of back reading required varies depending on which one you want.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Russacky

Post by Russacky »

Hey Mr. Handy,

I'd be happy to take over Raymond MacIntyre or create a new character. I'd just need to understand how to create a UNIT character if there's any difference or nuances compared to CoC characters.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome aboard! UNIT characters are created with the standard CoC rules, but I did put up some guidelines for different careers and types of characters in the Your Career in U.N.I.T. thread. It's up to you whether to take over Raymond (you'll be able to jump right in, but you'll have to do some back reading first) or create your own character (no catching up required, but you'll need to wait until I can introduce new characters). If you do create a new character, you'll probably want one that's either combat oriented or has a role that can support combat operations, such as a medic. The Character Creation/Rules thread has the rules for character creation, and you can post your partial or completed characters in that thread (as well as ask any questions there).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Russacky

Post by Russacky »

I'll happily pick up Raymond. :D
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great! You'll need to read the below IC threads in the following order. Each thread has a link at the end directing you to the next one for your character. Do not read any of the other IC threads, with the exception of Introduction in Episode 1, which everyone may read.

Episode 1: Missing in Acton, Accident and Emergency, What's Up, Doc?, Regrouping, and Museum Piece
Episode 2: Searching the Past, Tourists, History Repeating, More Visitors, Together Again, Return to the Inn, and Joining Forces
Episode 3: Dangerous Undercurrents, Revelations, Fury From the Deep, The Prisoner, and On the Beach

Once you've finished reading all of those threads, you may post in On the Beach (your current thread). Have fun!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Russacky

Post by Russacky »

Hi Mr. Handy,

I was wondering if it would be too late/ too annoying to make my own character.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

That's not a problem. In that case, don't read any of the IC threads (or Stranger In a Strange Land), though you may still read Introduction. Keep in mind that it will be some time before I can introduce new characters.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Russacky

Post by Russacky »

I did have a bit of a read but only a small section of the initial briefing but rest assured I will have forgotten it by the time something happens :D. Thanks for letting me be a little burdensome.

Not that it matters but what do you think the time frame would be for a new character to be introduced? Should I just roll up one now in anticipation or wait to for a spot?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome. I can't be sure how long it will be, but I think it will be at some point in April. You should go ahead and create your character when you have time, but there's no rush. You can use the Character Creation/Rules thread to build and post your character, and the Your Career in U.N.I.T. thread will give you guidelines and likely occupational skill lists.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's also a classic era pre-world war II game set on the Orient Express called The Last Express. You're welcome to create a new character (the train has stopped at Carlsrume) or pick up an existing one (many of which have very little reading required). It's a creepy psychological horror game where the investigators are on a race against time ... and sometimes each other ... to survive the train and learn about the potential disaster which looms before them.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/

Return to “Players Looking For Games”