New to CoC

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
TheAlphaMalfalfa
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 2 months

New to CoC

Post by TheAlphaMalfalfa »

Hey there, i'm completely new to CoC, or any game of this type, but have been looking into it and it looks really kool and fun I would love to give it a go, is there any thing i should look into/know before i play? Is anyone willing to show me the ropes?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: New to CoC

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, TheAlphaMalfalfa! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games, and I'm sure there are others looking for players. I've taken on new players before in my games, and I'd be happy to show you the ropes. You can find Quick Start rules for Call of Cthulhu here, which should be enough to get you started.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign is on its third adventure, The Shadow Over Dunwich, which is a UNIT adventure set in Dunwich, England in 1985. There is only one opening right now: Raymond MacIntyre, UNIT Technical Advisor. There's some catching up involved, but it should be manageable. We're well into Episode 3. No knowledge of the first two games is needed, but you can read them in the Hall of Fame if you like.

Zombie Apocalypse is a modern non-Mythos game, though it has its own similar mythology. It's been running for over seven and a half years, but you could join in with little to no catching up, as we're still only on the second day of game time (a lot has been happening). You could take over existing characters or create your own.

Space Oddity is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and is set in 1969 Philadelphia. It's been running for almost five years, but you wouldn't need to catch up if you create a new character. You could also take over an existing character; the amount of back reading required varies depending on which one you want.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Welcome aboard, mate!

I think there's still some room on Laraqua's Orient Express as well, and I can highly recommend Handy's DrCthulwho.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Hi there and welcome to the best place that will test your sanity ... at least vicariously.

As for games with openings, I have two games that have openings if you are interested, either with a pre-generated investigator or we could go through the process if you'd prefer. The two games I have in mind are - The Condemned ; and - Spawn of Azathoth Of the two, Spawn of Azathoth is a campaign and Condemned is an investigation, so if you are looking to 'dip your toe in the water' so to speak then The Condemned may be a better call.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh

Return to “Players Looking For Games”