New to play-by-post.

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
ZeekLen
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 2 months

New to play-by-post.

Post by ZeekLen »

I've got loads of experience with Call of Cthulhu. But I'm new to play-by-post. I'd love to get into a game and learn the ropes as this seems like a great new way to enjoy one of my favorite hobbies!
"Nyarlathotep
Sefetju tehemy buyetyen."
-The Darkest Of The Hillside Thickets
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: New to play-by-post.

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, ZeekLen! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games, and I'm sure there are others looking for players. I've taken on new players before in my games, and I'd be happy to show you the ropes.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign is on its third adventure, The Shadow Over Dunwich, which is a UNIT adventure set in Dunwich, England in 1985. There is only one opening right now: Raymond MacIntyre, UNIT Technical Advisor. There's some catching up involved, but it should be manageable. We're in the middle of Episode 3. No knowledge of the first two games is needed, but you can read them in the Hall of Fame if you like.

Zombie Apocalypse is a modern non-Mythos game, though it has its own similar mythology. It's been running for over seven and a half years, but you could join in with little to no catching up, as we're still only on the second day of game time (a lot has been happening). You could take over existing characters or create your own.

Space Oddity is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and is set in 1969 Philadelphia. It's been running for well over four and a half years, but you wouldn't need to catch up if you create a new character. You could also take over an existing character; the amount of back reading required varies depending on which one you want.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ZeekLen
Layman
Layman

Post by ZeekLen »

I've loved David Bowie for a long time. I'm down for Space Oddity.
"Nyarlathotep
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by Kadael »

Hey there and welcome! If you're in the mood to pick up a character in a Classic-era game, you can check out In a Different Light. There's one character who doesn't have a player at the moment, and while I've been happily running her as an NPC, that's not really her purpose, you know? :)

The expected posting rate is one per week, and the scenario is all about perceiving and not perceiving so some information has to be hidden from some players. We're not very far in, so you won't have to do much reading if you decide to jump in.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

ZeekLen wrote:I've loved David Bowie for a long time. I'm down for Space Oddity.
Great, welcome aboard! You can find the forum here. You can create your own character using the instructions in the first post of the Character Creation and Discussion thread, or you can take over an abandoned character listed in the Character Sheets thread. In the latter case, you'll need to do some catching up, the amount varying depending on the character. I'll let you know which threads you need to read if you pick one of them. Do not read any of the IC threads except the ones featuring your chosen character, and then only those portions of the threads where your character is present. There are also a couple of playable NPCs you could take over: Officer Amy Cooper (based on Annie Cartwright) and Maxine Grey (Kathleen's friend). I'll give you special instructions and post their character sheets if you choose one of them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ZeekLen
Layman
Layman

Post by ZeekLen »

Alright. I think I'm going to make my own character!
"Nyarlathotep
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Hi there Zeeklen. As for games with openings, I have two games that have openings if you are interested, either with a pre-generated investigator or we could go through the process if you'd prefer. The two games I have in mind are - The Condemned ; and - Spawn of Azathoth Of the two, Spawn of Azathoth is a campaign and Condemned is an investigation, so if you are looking to 'dip your toe in the water' so to speak then The Condemned may be a better call.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh

Return to “Players Looking For Games”