New player!

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
iambalrog
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

New player!

Post by iambalrog »

Hi guys - almost totally new to CoC - played 'The Haunting' with my cousin (who lives to far away to make it a regular thing) and am absolutly hooked - love the horror setting, and the lack of hack/slash, and have purchased the core rules too - id love to play some more and join you guys in an adventure - i can post a couple of times a day (more if people are around in the evenings) so would love to be involved - i just might need to ask a couple of silly questions occasionally or need prompting - but i'll follow the flow!
Anyone interested? I dont mind even trying a live chat room adventure for a couple of hours if thats a preffered media?
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by coffee demon »

Hi there, welcome to the site!

I'm in the same sort of position as you - no one else around to play CoC with, and I love the focus on roleplay and mood instead of hack-n-slash.

I've been on the forum for 4-5 months now, and I can tell you that it's -awesome-.

If you can post once/day on weekdays, that's usually enough for any game.

There hasn't been any new games proposed recently, but I'm sure someone might let you into an existing game.

How familiar are you with forums? (i.e. Private Messages, posting, and all that stuff?) It's really not that complicated.

Also, how much roleplaying experience do you have? Have you played any games in the past? (Everyone is welcome, I just though I'd ask, though :) )
iambalrog
Layman
Layman

Post by iambalrog »

Relativly familiar with forums - a bit of practice im sure will make me pick up anything im rusty on.
As for roleplaying - played a little d&d as a wee kiddy (mid 20's now), and was brought Coc for Chrimbo - loved it, but its tough getting a group together to play given the people interested are not local. Aside from that my experience is pretty limited to playing RPG computer games, which while of the right genre, dont really count compared to the imagination we'll hopefully delve into here.
Im sure i'll be able to post once a day minimum, so really looking forward to being involved :)
Any Keepers suggest a relativly simple scenario already underway therefore i might sneak in to?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Mine's just working on the preludes now and is therefore open to new arrivals but unfortunately the plot is a wee bit complex (though it may not yet appear so for my players).
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
iambalrog
Layman
Layman

Post by iambalrog »

@Laraqua

When you say the plot is complx - do you mean its all straight forward enough so far, and its about to get complex (to the point my fragile mind will quail at the intricacies laid out before me?) - but that jumping in now might be something i can handle?
Or do you mean, its already very complex (and perhaps the players dont realise it) and its probably to late to get involved?
If you mean the first, im not afraid of a little challenge :) If things get complicated as long as i stay in charector and dont try to get clever id hope things should work out? Indeed i wouldnt mind if occasionally you felt the need to prompt me with a 'bear in mind your charector is very afraid of rabbits' to make sure you steer me down the right path?
(hopefully that makes sense?!)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

I mean it's rather simple now but there'll be a lot of what I think is complex later on. :lol: So long as you haven't read anyone else's preludes, you're cool to join. Just mosey on over to The Last Express and read the OC Thread and the Character Generation or whatever it's called thread to get an idea on what we're doing here. Basically, read anything in there not marked PRELUDE. Then ask me any questions you still have and give me an idea of whether it's something you'd be interested in. If not, no harm, no foul. :wink:
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Hi, welcome to the forums. Nice username BTW. 8)

I’m not sure that there are any introductory adventures on here, but they are generally quite rules light anyway, certainly there are several players on here with little or no prior experience of CoC, and they are managing just fine. Unfortunately my own two games are full, I’ve got ten players in one, and seven (plus one reserve) in the other. Otherwise you would be welcome to join in.

As well as Laraqua’s game, which I recommend very highly BTW, you could the following:

I know that Welsh is always looking for extra players for his Lure of the Nile game, so you could PM him. Welsh is also thinking of moving his Zombie Apocalypse game here, that’s kind of CoC-Lite and is a very good game.

One player has just dropped out of Carcosannoble’s Cannich Rising game. So you could PM Carcosannoble, and ask about taking over Rodney. We haven’t got very far in that game and it’s quite slow paced at the moment, so it would be easy to join in.
iambalrog
Layman
Layman

Post by iambalrog »

thanks Raiko - ive taken up Laraqua' offer and decided to explore the mystery's the last express may hold.
I think initially i'll try to handle just the one - but i'll lurk maybe in Welsh's game and see if i can get up to speed with the plot - then if i feel brave, it wont be a problem jumping in.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome btw - if you guys wernt here id be far to afraid to face the horrors that lurk in the dark...
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by welsh »

Thanks for the mention Raiko.

Yes, we are always on the look out for new players. The Lure campaign has been on for a long time but is finally coming to the end of the first chapter. THe campaign is actually a collection of mini-campaigns. I also suspect there is a bit more hack and slash at the Lure.

If you wish to catch up with pieces of the campaign, the characters have been retelling their adventures at the IFAO- which provides a decent summary. I am also considering introducing a new NPC if you are interested.
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal

Return to “Players Looking For Games”