New player looking for classic era games!

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Archaeopterix
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 4 months

New player looking for classic era games!

Post by Archaeopterix »

I'm a new player in the most technical sense. I've never played a Call of Cthulhu RPG game. I've read through several of the Chaosium books, and I'd really love to jump into something. I've got plenty of roleplaying and PBP experience, courtesy of D&D. I'm mostly familiar with the Mythos, but my scope is limited to Lovecraft's own works; I haven't read any of the other authors who expanded the Mythos. I'm not dead-set on classic era, but it'd be my preference.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New player looking for classic era games!

Post by Laraqua »

I have a game set in 1939, shortly before the outbreak of World War II, set aboard the Orient Express. It's called The Last Express and you can find more information in Existing Games. Don't worry, you shouldn't need to do much pre-reading if you pick up an existing NPC and no pre-reading at all if you generate a new PC.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Archaeopterix
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Archaeopterix »

I'll see if anything else rears its head before jumping into the first game offered, but I'm as-of-now interested.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

I'm starting the third part of the Innsmouth campaign. It's in the 20's and you are welcomed to join if you want.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

It may also help to mention your posting frequency. Some games do better for daily while others cope well with every other day or even weekly. Some even manage clusters of posts across a couple hours.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Archaeopterix
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Archaeopterix »

A good suggestion, thank you. I post generally every day, checking things at least twice a day (once early, once late) most days. Sometimes I've got lots of extra time and lurk on a topic for several hours, but I rarely miss a day of posting.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Archaeopterix! I'd be glad to have you join any (or all) of my games, but none of them are set in the classic era.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign is on its third adventure, The Shadow Over Dunwich, which is a UNIT adventure set in Dunwich, England in 1985. There are two openings right now: UNIT Technical Advisor Raymond MacIntyre and Valerie Soames, little old lady (and UNIT covert operative). There's some catching up involved, but it should be manageable; we've just finished Episode 2 and started Episode 3. No knowledge of the first two games is needed, but you can read them in the Hall of Fame if you like.

Zombie Apocalypse is a modern non-Mythos game, though it has its own similar mythology. It's been running for over seven years, but you could join in with little to no catching up, as we're still only on the second day of game time (a lot has been happening). You could take over existing characters or create your own.

Space Oddity is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and is set in 1969 Philadelphia. It's been running for well over four years, but you wouldn't need to catch up if you create a new character. You could also take over an existing character; the amount of back reading required varies depending on which one you want.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”