Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
fox01313
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

New to CoC looking for 1920s game

Post by fox01313 »

Hi all,

I will be going through the existing game list to see if anything is there but just wanted to put this here too if anyone is looking for new people. Done some D&D as well as White Wolf rpgs years ago in college but been wanting to get into CoC for a little while now that I have time but just never been able to find much around me locally. Right now I have the 6th ed. CoC core book &Cthulhu by Gaslight (fun but dense reading to someone ashamedly not too familiar with the Victorian era).

Would prefer to just get started with The Haunting or any of the episodes mentioned in the 6th ed. core book as ideally I'd like to run through those a few times before trying to get some friends into CoC where I run them as a keeper. However anything open in the 1920s setting should look fine for me as a start, cheers:)
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: New to CoC looking for 1920s game

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcoem, Fox! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. You'd be welcome to join my games, though none of them are set in the 1920s.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

I have a game set in 1939 which is a bit closer, set aboard the Orient Express. You can learn more about it under Existing Games called The Last Express.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
fox01313
Layman
Layman

Post by fox01313 »

Laraqua wrote:I have a game set in 1939 which is a bit closer, set aboard the Orient Express. You can learn more about it under Existing Games called The Last Express.
Just threw out the 1920s time in more of a general sense as I've only got the Gaslight book & waiting on some budget boosts for getting more of the other core books (for Delta Green, Cthulhu Tech, Dark, etc.) so anything in the early 20th century is fine. And really been wanting to get into the Orient Express so if there's room for one more I'm in. Thx.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Absolutely. You could have just alighted at Epernay, France, for a new character or you could pick up one of the NPCs if you prefer. The game has only just started getting cranking so even if you went with an NPC there'd be very little back reading.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4665

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
fox01313
Layman
Layman

Post by fox01313 »

Thanks for the info, as the train is rolling already I'll just grab one of the npcs. Will shoot you a message on who's picked.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Hi!
We will soon start the third episode of the Innsmouth campaign; no previous experience is need (actually it's better to have none :twisted: ) It's set in the 20's.
Fabio Silva
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Fabio Silva »

Hello people. My name is Fabio, I am Brazilian, and I have extensive experience with Trail of Cthulhu but very little with the Call of Cthulhu. If anyone knows of any new game that I can get as a first experience as a player (I was keeper twice), would be flattered.

(Sorry for my broken english, I try to get better).
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Fabio! I'd be glad to have you join Zombie Apocalypse and/or Space Oddity, though they are far from new. You might be interested in In a Different Light, which is restarting again after a long break. It hadn't gotten very far, and I think the Keeper could still use a replacement player. And your English is good.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

I have a game set in 1939 which is a bit closer, set aboard the Orient Express. You can learn more about it under Existing Games called The Last Express.

Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Helo Fabio, and welcome to Play @YSDC. Whichever game you choose I am sure you'll have a blast as the vast majority, if not everyone on here is open and friendly. Your English, if your post above is anything to go by, is more than good enough - certainly better than my attempts at Portuguese(?).

I am running two games that might be of interest to you. The Spawn of Azathoth, but have added an introductory investigation to get the group 'together which they are working through.' The second is 'The Condemned' both of which you could step into should you wish. The Condemned is the shorter as it is a single investigation whereas the Spawn is a campaign.

Anyhow - Welcome again

Norman / Cearlan
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Bem vindo (I'm Portuguese)!
I'm sure you will find quick a game here.

Return to “Players Looking For Games”