Looking for CoC game and patient Keeper

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Plagues
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Looking for CoC game and patient Keeper

Post by Plagues »

Hello all, I've recently become very intrigued with the concept of role playing and I very much would like to give it a try. I'm mostly interested in Lovecraftian role plays, the time period doesn't really matter to me.

However, I am very new to this, as in this is would be my first ever role play...ever. So I'm kind of looking for a game that is newbie friendly or has a keeper that would be willing to show me the ropes of the game? Thank you very much in advance.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Looking for CoC game and patient Keeper

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Plagues! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games. I've taken on new players before in my games, and I'd be happy to show you the ropes.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign is on its third adventure, The Shadow Over Dunwich, which is a UNIT adventure set in Dunwich, England in 1985. There's only one opening right now: Valerie Soames, little old lady (and UNIT covert operative). There's some catching up involved, but it should be manageable; we've just finished Episode 2 and started Episode 3. No knowledge of the first two games is needed, but you can read them in the Hall of Fame if you like.

Zombie Apocalypse is a modern non-Mythos game, though it has its own similar mythology. It's been running for over seven years, but you could join in with little to no catching up, as we're still only on the second day of game time (a lot has been happening). You could take over existing characters or create your own.

Space Oddity is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and is set in 1969 Philadelphia. It's been running for well over four years, but you wouldn't need to catch up if you create a new character. You could also take over an existing character; the amount of back reading required varies depending on which one you want.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Plagues
Layman
Layman

Post by Plagues »

I could assume the role of Valerie Soames in your Dunwich RP if the position is still available. I've already found the RP on the site so I can start catching up now.

Also I probably should have mentioned this in my introduction, but I live in Australia (I'm assuming most of the players on this site are American or European?) and therefore I'll probably be most active on the site around this time every day.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

I've coached a few newbies through 'The Last Express', a 1939 game set aboard the Orient Express. Feel free to take a look at my thread in Existing Games if you'd be interested.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

One of our most prolific Keepers is Australian too, and I'm quite sure some players are as well.
The pace of PBP isn't too harrowing, so time zones aren't really an issue.

Welcome aboard!
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, Valerie Soames is still available, so she's yours now! Welcome aboard, and have fun! You'll need to catch up on what she's done so far, but you won't have to read all of the IC threads, just the ones that feature her. In fact, you're not allowed to read the IC threads that don't include her until the adventure is over. The only exception is the Introduction thread in Episode 1, which everyone is free to read. The Your Career in U.N.I.T. thread is useful for background. The IC threads you'll need to read are:

Episode 1: Missing In Action, Infiltration, Ghostwriter
Episode 2: Reunion, Bottoms Up, Next Steps, On the Trail, More Visitors, Together Again, Return to the Inn, Joining Forces
Episode 3: Dangerous Undercurrents (your current thread)

Once you've caught up, you may post in Dangerous Undercurrents (and make a Spot Hidden roll) any time you're ready.

I'm American, but we do have players and Keepers in various other parts of the world. In this format, it doesn't present much of an obstacle.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Plagues
Layman
Layman

Post by Plagues »

Okay, thank you so much. I'll get to reading then but I may not be able to finish it all today so if you need to post Valerie's actions yourself to advance the plot any before I'm all caught up go ahead, I'll try and be ready to post by tomorrow.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome, and take all the time you need! Valerie hasn't had a player in a long time, and she can just keep going along with the others until you're caught up and ready to post.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Plagues
Layman
Layman

Post by Plagues »

Okay thanks, I'm nearly caught up. I'm a little bit into episode 2 now, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

Return to “Players Looking For Games”