Player Looking For Game - CoC

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Vinegar Tom
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Player Looking For Game - CoC

Post by Vinegar Tom »

Like it says at the top: newbie seeks game of CoC. I've played before on tabletop, and I know the game well. I also know Lovecraft's fiction very well indeed, so I'm a bit of a purist - ideally I'd like a game from round about the classic era, or a bit before or after. Let's say 1860-1960 - nothing too cyberpunk. Also, I used to run games as well as being a player, so I've read quite a few of the published scenarios, therefore I prefer homebrewed settings that are really going to surprise me. After all, what's the point of a Lovecraft-based game if you don't get any nasty surprises?
What joy! The leech charmers are here!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Player Looking For Game - CoC

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Vinegar Tom! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games. They aren't in the eras you prefer, though a couple of them aren't too far off. All of them are homebrewed.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign is on its third adventure, The Shadow Over Dunwich, which is a UNIT adventure set in Dunwich, England in 1985. There's only one opening right now: Valerie Soames, little old lady (and UNIT covert operative). There's some catching up involved, but it should be manageable; we've just finished Episode 2 and started Episode 3. No knowledge of the first two games is needed, but you can read them in the Hall of Fame if you like.

Zombie Apocalypse is a modern non-Mythos game, though it has its own similar mythology. It's been running for over seven years, but you could join in with little to no catching up, as we're still only on the second day of game time (a lot has been happening). You could take over existing characters or create your own.

Space Oddity is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and is set in 1969 Philadelphia, which is closest to the eras you seek. It's been running for well over four years, but you wouldn't need to catch up if you create a new character. You could also take over an existing character; the amount of back reading required varies depending on which one you want.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Welcome to the boards, Tom!
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

I'm running a campaign called The Last Express that's a homebrew Lovecraftian tale set days before World War II began where everyone are passengers on The Last Express. You can find the link that explains the premise in more detail over here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4665
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/

Return to “Players Looking For Games”