Looking for a Call of Cthulhu Game

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
MC Lovecraft
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Looking for a Call of Cthulhu Game

Post by MC Lovecraft »

Greetings my fellow brave and doomed heroes of the dark tales of H.P. Lovecraft. I would love to join any game that is possibly open. I would prefer a story set in the Lovecraftian 1920's era, but I'm fine with trying anything. I'm pretty familiar with the Call of Cthulhu system, and I already have several pre-made ready-to-go characters.

Thanks, MC Lovecraft
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Re: Looking for a Call of Cthulhu Game

Post by Shroudeye »

Hello there! It should not take long to get one of these Keepers to offer a spot. I received several offers within hours of posting my interest. Good luck and don't turn around, there may be something behind you...
Dominic Pius, The Last Express

Raymond MacIntyre, The Shadow Over Dunwich

Daedalus Wickliff, The Aquitania

I don't want to see another cop or cookie in my life. I don't know which one makes me sicker
MC Lovecraft
Layman
Layman

Post by MC Lovecraft »

Thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll have your luck and get some replies soon.

*Turns around, killed and devoured instantly*
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

I'm running a game set in 1939 aboard the Orient Express called the Last Express, set shortly before World War II. You can read more about it here: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4249 New characters welcome and you'll have lots of flexibility in character creation too.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, MC Lovecraft! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

You'd be welcome to join my games, but none of them are set in the 1920s.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign doesn't currently have any room for new players, but that is likely to change eventually.

Zombie Apocalypse is a modern non-Mythos game, though it has its own similar mythology. It's been running for over seven years, but you could join in with little to no catching up, as we're still only on the second day of game time (a lot has been happening). You could take over existing characters or create your own.

Space Oddity is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and is set in 1969 Philadelphia. It's been running for well over four years, but you wouldn't need to catch up if you create a new character. You could also take over an existing character; the amount of back reading required varies depending on which one you want.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
MC Lovecraft
Layman
Layman

Post by MC Lovecraft »

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

All the campaigns that have been mentioned so far seem interesting, but I think my current characters would be best suited for the Last Express game mentioned by Laraqua, if that's okay with you.

So, noob question time: If I want to join a game (in this case the Last Express), what are the first steps? Should I post my character or send it to someone?

Again, thanks so much for the feedback and (hopefully) the answers to my questions.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Send it to me via Private Message. I'll also need your carried luggage, carry on luggage and baggage car luggage alongside three goals that you'd like to do on the train as it's a bit more self-directed than most. Have you already created your character in totality? Or do you need a copy of the forum-based character sheet, etc.?
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
MC Lovecraft
Layman
Layman

Post by MC Lovecraft »

Thanks for the feedback. I've sent you my character. I don't believe I have the forum-based character sheet, if you could give me a link to it that would be so awesome. I hope everything is in order for my character.

Again, thanks for the feedback.
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Shroudeye »

Its good to be validated
Dominic Pius, The Last Express

Raymond MacIntyre, The Shadow Over Dunwich

Daedalus Wickliff, The Aquitania

I don't want to see another cop or cookie in my life. I don't know which one makes me sicker
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Might a boat trip be of interest?

The Aquitania
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)

Return to “Players Looking For Games”