Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Mouchinator
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Looking for a Call of Cthulu game

Post by Mouchinator »

Hey all,

Total noob to the boards here and fairly new to Call of Cthulu. I've played and run many RPGs over the last 15 years (both pen and paper and play by post) but this will be my first foray into the Cthulu Mythos (can't believe I've missed out on this for so long!).

I'd prefer a game set in the '20s, but I'm flexible.

Look forward to chatting and playing with everyone.

Cheers,

Mouchinator
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: Looking for a Call of Cthulu game

Post by DrPeterson »

Welcome aboard, mate!
There's plenty of games going on and at least a few with missing or sleeping players, so I'm sure you'll find something to join soon.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

The Last Express is set just before World War II and will involve a whirlwind of intrigue, conspiracies and plots involving the passengers of the Orient Express as the train struggles across a Europe on the brink of war. Each PC and NPC's threads will intertwine as they struggle to accomplish their goals with or without the assistance of others and sometimes those goals will clash in a very real way. There's plenty of classic investigation, occult mystery, and occasional action to keep things interesting as well as darker plots surrounding the trip itself. Wanna climb aboard?

I've also taken over Masks of Nyarlathotep which has a few existing characters you could pick up without much back reading and that is set in the 1920s.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Mouchinator! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

None of my games are set in the 1920s, though the first game in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign was set in 1930. We're on the third game now (set in 1985), but there aren't currently any openings, though that may change later.

My other two games have plenty of room for new players. Zombie Apocalypse is modern non-Mythos, but with its own similar mythology. Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia, and it's inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. Both have been running for years, but I could introduce you into either without too much catching up. You'd be able to take over abandoned characters or create your own.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

I am about to start the classic beginners CoC game, the Haunting. Just yell if you want in!
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mouchinator
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Mouchinator »

Thanks for the validation!

Laraqua, The Last Express sounds absolutely fantastic. I'd love to climb aboard! Would you like me to post to your thread, fire you an email? Lemme know! :)

Ben, I'm actually looking to run The Haunting (in person at some point in the future) so I would definitely dig trying my hand at it as a player first. Lemme know what you'd like me to do to hop into your game.

Cheers all!

Mouchinator
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

This is all. One more and I'll ask the Moderators to set me up. If you want to roll a character, go ahead.

Its set in the 20s, and you can play about anything you like. Do you have an account on InvisCastle yet? If not you should set one up. That is where we do all our rolling.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Awesome! PM me your concept. Use invisiblecastle to roll up your stats (best of three - all 3d6s can be swapped together as can 2d6s). I can give you a copy of the character sheet we use around these here parts.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/

Return to “Players Looking For Games”