Hi there, new to the boards....

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
WTND
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Hi there, new to the boards....

Post by WTND »

Hi, I'm looking for a game to play in, preferably one about to start, 1920's-50's.

I'm currently playing Masks elsewhere so will avoid that.

I've been playing CoC on and off since first edition.

Thanks for your time.

WTND.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Hi there, new to the boards....

Post by Laraqua »

The Last Express is set just before World War II and will involve a whirlwind of intrigue, conspiracies and plots involving the passengers of the Orient Express as the train struggles across a Europe on the brink of war. Each PC and NPC's threads will intertwine as they struggle to accomplish their goals with or without the assistance of others and sometimes those goals will clash in a very real way. There's plenty of classic investigation, occult mystery, and occasional action to keep things interesting as well as darker plots surrounding the trip itself. Wanna climb aboard? :D
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
tatteredking
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by tatteredking »

Welcome WTND!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, WTND! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games, though they've been running for some time and are not quite in the era you favor.

Zombie Apocalypse is non-Mythos survival horror set in the near future, though it has its own similar mythology. Some of its influences are the movies of George Romero and Quentin Tarantino. It's been running for just over seven years, but we're still only on the second day of game time (a lot has been happening). There are numerous unclaimed characters, and you could even make one or two of your own. If you don't choose characters that were added prior to Chapter 7, there isn't all that much catching up you'll need to do. You may play multiple characters. In fact, this is recommended, as the game is highly lethal.

Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia. It is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for four years and a few months. Currently there are only three active players, but there are plenty of abandoned characters waiting to be taken over, or you could create your own instead.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign's current adventure is set in 1985 Dunwich, England. The campaign has been running for almost three years, and this adventure (the third) is over nine months old. There isn't currently any room to add in a new character, but you could take over an abandoned one. Right now, only the character of Elliot Webb is available. This campaign is more inspired by the classic series than the new one, and the current scenario is a UNIT adventure similar to the ones from the Jon Pertwee era. The previous two adventures (The Terror Out of Time and The Ninth Planet) can be read in the Hall of Fame, though no prior knowledge of them is needed.

You might also be interested in joining Escape From Innsmouth, run by Kabukiman. The Raid (1928) is going to start soon and could use more players. In addition, there's Machine Tractor Station Kharkov-37 which has a few slots still open and hasn't begun yet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
WTND
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by WTND »

Hey folks nice to meet you! Thanks for the quick replies and offers of various games.

Nothing has quite grabbed me unfortunately. I shall keep an eye on the forums and keep my fingers crossed.

cheers.

Return to “Players Looking For Games”