Newbie looking for a game

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
darchildre
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Newbie looking for a game

Post by darchildre »

Hi, I'm new to both online gaming and CoC, but I've done tabletop gaming before and am a big fan of the Mythos. I'd prefer a non-modern setting but am open to anything.

Thanks!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Newbie looking for a game

Post by Mr. Handy »

All of my games might be considered to be in the "modern" era, though only Zombie Apocalypse takes place in the 2010s. Space Oddity is set in 1969, and The Shadow Over Dunwich is in 1985. You'd be welcome to join any or all of them. The latter game is part of my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, which visits a variety of eras and settings, so later games in the campaign may be more to your liking.

Zombie Apocalypse is non-Mythos survival horror set in the near future, though it has its own similar mythology. Some of its influences are the movies of George Romero and Quentin Tarantino. It's been running for just over seven years, but we're still only on the second day of game time (a lot has been happening). There are numerous unclaimed characters, and you could even make one or two of your own. If you don't choose characters that were added prior to Chapter 7, there isn't all that much catching up you'll need to do. You may play multiple characters. In fact, this is recommended, as the game is highly lethal.

Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia. It is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for four years and a few months. Currently there are only three active players, but there are plenty of abandoned characters waiting to be taken over, or you could create your own instead.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign's current adventure is set in 1985 Dunwich, England. The campaign has been running for almost three years, and this adventure (the third) is over nine months old. There isn't currently any room to add in a new character, but you could take over an abandoned one. This campaign is more inspired by the classic series than the new one, and the current scenario is a UNIT adventure similar to the ones from the Jon Pertwee era. The previous two adventures (The Terror Out of Time and The Ninth Planet) can be read in the Hall of Fame, though no prior knowledge of them is needed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
darchildre
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by darchildre »

Thanks very much. Those all sound cool! Especially the Doctor Who one. I'm a big fan of the UNIT era.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

In a couple of weeks, we will start the raid over Innsmouth, the ending of the classical campaign. You wanna join?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

I have a 1939 campaign involving the Orient Express that will commence in late July and will revolve around a variety of different threats and plots from Mythos to the mundane. I'm also taking over Masks of Nyarlathotep which has a few existing characters you could pick up without much back reading and that is set in the 1920s.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome. If you'd like to join The Shadow Over Dunwich, the only character currently available to take over is Elliot Webb, a UNIT covert operative. There isn't too much reading required to catch up on his story so far.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Lex_Innokenti
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by Lex_Innokenti »

If the grim darkness of the far future is your thing, my game In The Silence Between Stars is in its very early stages, and I'd be lying if I said a few more players would be something I'd be reluctant to have. Now would be the ideal time to join because once the game gets going the cast will essentially be 'fixed' so at this stage, you can make whatever character concept (within reason) you want.

I'm not intending this game to have an intensive posting schedule, so it'd be a good way to wet your ears with CoC in an unusual setting (which, despite my opening reference, has nothing to do with Warhammer 40k) without too much difficulty.

Return to “Players Looking For Games”