Looking for a game...preferably C of C.

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Urael
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Looking for a game...preferably C of C.

Post by Urael »

I just recently signed up, and while I've played Call of Cthulhu many times in the past, I'm new to this style of playing. So, I think something that might ease me in to things would probably be appropriate. Thanks in advance for looking at this post, and I hope to meet some people and play in some enjoyably terrifying games.
tatteredking
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Re: Looking for a game...preferably C of C.

Post by tatteredking »

Welcome aboard Urael! I am sure one of the GMs will be along shortly.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Most of my games are entering Act 3, but I could use someone to play a side role in one of my Welcome to Silent Hill threads if you like. It's not very Call of Cthulhu, but it's horror, and you could dip your toes into something that doesn't have a huge commitment. Basically we'd work together to create a character that would engage with one of the other PCs in a way that highlights their frailties, flaws, or strengths of their personal story and run from there. If you've played Silent Hill, it'd be a bit like being Nurse Lisa from SH1, Maria or Laura from SH2, etc. No back reading required.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Urael
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by Urael »

Sounds good! I think that would be a good way to ease into the format here, and get my feet wet, as it were.

I'm a Silent Hill fan too, so the idea intrigues me. Let me know where to go from here.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

I have one PC, Murray, who is at the start of Act III and he is in Nasty Silent Hill, about to enter a post office. He is a private investigator whose quite pragmatic in outlook and is currently searching for a missing person - Ash - who he didn't expose when he found her cheating around on the condition that she no longer cheated on her husband. The only other major NPCs he's dealt with are two dodgy detectives and a transvestite man. His section requires a post every 2 - 3 days.

I have another PC, Cole, midway through Act II who is still in Foggy Silent Hill, who is a pretty rough and potentially deadly character. A violent thug who entered the town to steal a book from the Order from Father Vincent's house which he succeeded though his theft ended up plunging him into nasty Silent Hill. He's looking for his little sister now as he's had hints that she's there - though she should be dead. It seems that she was picked up and transferred to the Silent Hill orphanage after she died on the streets though she ended up in the Brookhaven Psychiatric Hospital. At the moment he has found a different little girl though he only recently picked her up from that hospital. That girl is pretty new and could be picked up without more than a couple pages worth of posts of back reading.

Either way though there's space to introduce a new character. Let me know which plotline you want to get involved with and PM me and we'll go from there.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Urael! I play Murray in Silent Hill. I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

I'm running three games, and I'd be pleased to have you join one or more of them.

Zombie Apocalypse is non-Mythos survival horror set in the near future, though it has its own similar mythology. Some of its influences are the movies of George Romero and Quentin Tarantino. It's been running for just over seven years, but we're still only on the second day of game time (a lot has been happening). There are numerous unclaimed characters, and you could even make one or two of your own. If you don't choose characters that were added prior to Chapter 7, there isn't all that much catching up you'll need to do. You may play multiple characters. In fact, this is recommended, as the game is highly lethal.

Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia. It is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for four years and a couple of months. Currently there are only three active players, but there are plenty of abandoned characters waiting to be taken over, or you could create your own instead.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign's current adventure is set in 1985 Dunwich, England. The campaign has been running for almost three years, and this adventure (the third) is over nine months old. There isn't currently any room to add in a new character, but you could take over an abandoned one. This campaign is more inspired by the classic series than the new one, and the current scenario is a UNIT adventure similar to the ones from the Jon Pertwee era. The previous two adventures (The Terror Out of Time and The Ninth Planet) can be read in the Hall of Fame, though no prior knowledge of them is needed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”