Semi-newbie Looking for a game to join.

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
The Professor
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Semi-newbie Looking for a game to join.

Post by The Professor »

I'm fairly new to the mythos, I've been reading into it for the past six months or so. I was a keeper in a live test session once, and I enjoyed the game, but I had to move before we could find the time to continue. I'm looking to join a game, new preferred, but I'm also up for jumping into an in-progress game. My schedule is very flexible and I really hope I can join in soon.
"You want to talk to God? Let's go see him together, I've got nothing better to do."
-Indiana Jones
Raiders of the Lost Arc
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Semi-newbie Looking for a game to join.

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Professor! I've validated you, and you can now post on the game boards.

You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games. Zombie Apocalypse is a modern/near future game and is non-Mythos, though it has its own similar mythology. It always has room for new players. You could take over existing characters and/or create your own. Though it's been running for nearly seven years, it's only in the second day of game time, so it won't be too hard to catch up unless you pick characters who were added prior to Chapter 7. Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia and is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. There is also The Shadow Over Dunwich, the third adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, set in 1985 Dunwich, England. The first two games are in the Hall of Fame (links are in my signature). The only available character is Story, the Time Lord. His player is unable to continue playing, so someone else is needed to take over for him. This may be only temporary, but it could very well be permanent, so it would require a sizable commitment. You may also have to do a lot of catching up, as if it does become permanent you should read the first two adventures (or at least the parts where Story was present).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
The Professor
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by The Professor »

Thanks Mr. Handy! I'm going to start reading them right away, and let you know tomorrow. The soonest I can start playing is next Friday, due to a short notice trip. Until then, I'll be reading and soaking in the story and details. I'm primarily interested in Zombie Apocalypse and and Space Oddity. Thanks!
"You want to talk to God? Let's go see him together, I've got nothing better to do."
-Indiana Jones
Raiders of the Lost Arc
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome! I suggest you look through the character sheets and decide which characters you'd like to play, or if you want to create your own. In Zombie Apocalypse, you'll find the current character sheet thread in the Chapter 7 subforum. Note that you're only allowed to read IC threads when your character is present in them, and only those portions of the threads during which your character is present. If you can locate your character's starting thread and start reading, you'll find a hyperlink leading to the new thread whenever your character leaves a thread. Zombie Apocalypse also has a list of hyperlinks for each surviving character in the Locations and Weapons thread in each chapter's subforum to make catching up easier.

With Zombie Apocalypse, you may play multiple characters. Three is the recommended number, and four is the maximum. It is best if the characters are in different sections (GOLD, SWORD, and OMAHA), or at least in different threads within those sections. You can optionally create one character in GOLD and/or one in OMAHA. It's probably easier for both of us if you choose existing characters, but it's up to you.

Catching up on your character's story in Space Oddity will be trickier, as we currently have only two active players, so I've left the other characters hanging unless the active characters happen to meet them. I'll probably need to move your character forward before you start if you decide to take one over, and then I'll have to summarize what happened in the intervening time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
tormsen
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Post by tormsen »

I'm hoping to get some more people interested in my proposed CoC game, set in modern day China. Check out my Xianfeng post in the Thinking about thread for more details.

Return to “Players Looking For Games”