New to the forum looking for a game.

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years

New to the forum looking for a game.

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Now I'm a fairly new player to CoC. Not that I haven't done BRP style RPG before having a decent hand in Stormbringer when it was a rage a number of years ago. Similarly, my D20 life was filled with D&D a lot of years ago, but alas, I would not rush into a game as a new player having never done play by post before without giving the keeper a chance to, without any pressure, accept the challenge of breaking in a new player, as I remember that challenge from many years ago.

I've said a little about my RPG life in times past. More pertinant items about me. I am an avid fan of the Mythos, and have read many of the classics, though I still have more to read. I have enjoyed a number of games of Arkham Horror, or as I tell my wife Caffiene Free Diet RPG. I have familiarlized myself with the BRP rules published by Chaosium and managed to torture my wife through the haunted mansion as a keeper. I don't know that she enjoyed it all that much.

So I am enthused about starting a new journey of insanity keepers, and am looking forward to your creative inspiration.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New to the forum looking for a game.

Post by Mr. Handy »

You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games, and I've had numerous new players in them. Zombie Apocalypse is a modern/near future game and is non-Mythos, though it has its own similar mythology. It always has room for new players. You could take over existing characters and/or create your own. Though it's been running for nearly seven years, it's only in the second day of game time, so it won't be too hard to catch up unless you pick characters who were added prior to Chapter 7. Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia and is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. There is also The Shadow Over Dunwich, the third adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, set in 1985 Dunwich, England. The first two games are in the Hall of Fame (links are in my signature). The only available character is Story, the Time Lord. His player is unable to continue playing, so someone else is needed to take over for him. This may be only temporary, but it could very well be permanent, so it would require a sizable commitment. You may also have to do a lot of catching up, as if it does become permanent you should read the first two adventures (or at least the parts where Story was present).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years

Re: New to the forum looking for a game.

Post by MikeTheMoose »

>>>You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games...

Mr. Handy

I've sent you a PM. I'm very interested in joining your Shadow Over Dunwich campaign.

Return to “Players Looking For Games”