New player looking for game

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
damonmcn
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

New player looking for game

Post by damonmcn »

Hello, I'm a new call of cthulhu player and also new to these forums.

I am looking to join a few games, I would like to find 1-3 games to participate in. I don't care if the characters are pregen or not, but I would prefer to use the rules from BRP cause I only have the CoC 5.0 rules to go by.

Let me know if anyone has any openings any era is fine too.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

1-3 games, eh? You experienced or just ambitious? I don't have a problem with either, I'm just curious. When I first started, I didn't even think of joining for a few weeks. Time I realised I could join and not just lurk, I only thought of playing one game. Or was it running one game? Ain't that funny. Can't remember now! :lol:
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
damonmcn
Layman
Layman

Post by damonmcn »

Used to play a lot of D&D... It has been awhile.

Well, even 1 game would be good. 3 could prove to be too much, depending on how fast the posts are rolling in...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

True. Masks of Nyarlathotep can do about ten-fifteen combined posts in a day though the usual fast-paced games tend to run at about five-eight combined posts per day. What kind of post count are you hoping for the entire party/Keeper to make in a day?
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
damonmcn
Layman
Layman

Post by damonmcn »

I was thinking 1-2 posts per day per person. I can post before work and after work but not during work. So, if I got lucky and everyone was all free when I was off work, I could do more posts than that. Unfortunately, that probably won't happen, so 1 or 2 posts a day per person per game I would say.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've got the same problem, except I can't post before work either. Weekends are fine for me, though.

There's one game that's going to start soon that I'll be playing in (my first here): cjbowser's Devil in the Dark. It uses the BRP and the characters are pregens: we all play Soviet Spetznaz in Afghanistan in 1982. I believe there are still openings for new players, too.

Here's the link: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=268
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”