Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
corban
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years

New guy Looking for game

Post by corban »

Heya.

Any games with a space for a player new to pbm? I'm fine with the rules. I think I would prefer something set in the classic 1920's but certainly happy to play any time period. :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New guy Looking for game

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, corban! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

I'm running three games. While my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign doesn't currently have room for new players (though there may be openings later on), I'd be glad to have you join one or both of the others. None of them are 1920s, however.

Zombie Apocalypse is a modern non-Mythos game, though it has its own similar mythology. It's been running for almost seven years, but it's still early on the second day of game time, so I could fill you in fairly quickly. There are several characters available that were added when Chapter 7 started, so they won't have too much catching up needed, and/or you could create one or two of your own. We're down to only a few active players at the moment, but even when there were several, there was always room for more.

Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia. It's been running for almost four years, but it moves slowly, so it wouldn't be too hard to get up to speed. I'm down to only two players right now. You could either take over an abandoned character or create your own.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
corban
Layman
Layman

Post by corban »

More than happy to pick up old charcaters. If there is any in particular you would like to rez then let me know else I will pick one. I'll go and have a look now and get up to speed.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You should pick the ones that you want to play. For Zombie Apocalypse, you may want to stick to characters that were added in Chapter 7, unless you want to do more back reading. The character sheets for that game are listed in the Character Sheets thread in the Chapter 7 subforum. Each post in that thread has one of three sections of the game, and the Chapter 7 characters will be near the bottom of each post. Characters that are played by other active players (see the initial post in that thread to see which players are MIA; their characters are up for grabs) or labeled as Played by Keeper, and those that are deceased, of course, are off limits. All of the others are available. The Gold and Sword sections currently have no active players, so they're on hold until someone picks up one of the characters there or an inactive player returns. All active players currently only have characters in the Omaha section. You may choose multiple characters (three is the recommended number, and four is the limit), though I recommend that you choose characters that are in different sections, or at least different threads.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
corban
Layman
Layman

Post by corban »

ok read up on Jerry Law and I would like that character for OMAHA. I believe I am protecting becky right now. I'll make a post tomorrow in the field trip thread. I will pick more.. but one at a time as took some reading.. :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great, he's yours! I'll send you his secrets in a PM shortly. Keep in mind that he was added in Chapter 4, so please make sure you've read everything on him for Chapters 4, 5, 6, and 7. Each subforum has a Locations and Weapons thread. The first post in each of those threads lists a series of hyperlinks next to each character's name, so you can follow that character's story and catch up. You can always add more characters later. You may only read IC threads if you have a character in them, and only those parts during which your character is in that thread (if he leaves, you'll need to stop reading that thread and follow the link to the new one). The bottom post of the current Locations and Weapons thread lists his weapons and ammo.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Players Looking For Games”